From the land of peanuts...and shrimp

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome.
Peanuts AND shrimp? That sounds like Southeast Georgia.
Rural Nassau County, Florida here. About 3 miles south of the state line.
Currently in South-Central GA. Originally from Savannah, so was referring to Ga as a whole. Believe me, if I didn't have to travel 2+ hours to catch shrimp, or pay $8 a pound for them, I wouldn't eat much else. Near Vidalia.

Currently in South-Central GA. Originally from Savannah, so was referring to Ga as a whole. Believe me, if I didn't have to travel 2+ hours to catch shrimp, or pay $8 a pound for them, I wouldn't eat much else. Near Vidalia.
Fernandina Beach, Florida is the birthplace of the shrimping industry.
It is also the farthest north you can go on Florida’s Atlantic coast before bumping into Georgia.
That’s why I asked about SE Georgia.

Welcome to the forum!
$8 per pound! gaah
We got shrimp!:D
Last ones we got were 16-20's for $3.50 per pound.

Last edited:
Welcome from Eastern Missouri. Good to have you with us. :welcome:

Fernandina Beach, Florida is the birthplace of the shrimping industry.
It is also the farthest north you can go on Florida’s Atlantic coast before bumping into Georgia.
That’s why I asked about SE Georgia.
Understood. Reckon I wasn't very clear. Haven't traveled Florida greatly, but I know there is a good seafood industry there. It's just that in Savannah all you hear about is shrimp. We don't really have any thing else commercially with our meager coastline. Shrimp is KING!

Greetings from Alamogordo, NM, or close to it... I'm in the boondocks a few miles outta town. In my 'trucking daze' I had a regular 6000-mile run with one outfit, CA-PA-GA-CA, and the last drop was in Valdosta, GA, so I'd run right past Savannah and take GA-196 and US-84 to Valdosta. Along US-84, I'd stop at roadside produce stands to buy Vidalia onions and other goodies in season, lol. From Valdosta, I'd drop into Florida, pick up I-10 and run it out the Panhandle while deadheading west, dragging an empty 53' wagon clear back to San Diego, lol. That was a great run, always a good time and a moneymaker to boot... anyway, I've seen that part of the country, 10-4? :cool:

Greetings from Alamogordo, NM, or close to it... I'm in the boondocks a few miles outta town. In my 'trucking daze' I had a regular 6000-mile run with one outfit, CA-PA-GA-CA, and the last drop was in Valdosta, GA, so I'd run right past Savannah and take GA-196 and US-84 to Valdosta. Along US-84, I'd stop at roadside produce stands to buy Vidalia onions and other goodies in season, lol. From Valdosta, I'd drop into Florida, pick up I-10 and run it out the Panhandle while deadheading west, dragging an empty 53' wagon clear back to San Diego, lol. That was a great run, always a good time and a moneymaker to boot... anyway, I've seen that part of the country, 10-4? :cool:

I work in Vidalia. Ever heard of the Onion Festival?

Last edited:
..Well then Don't Fix it!! (..I mean somebody had to finish that.. 🤓

Bienveneetoes from SW AZ.. :cool: Land of the Struggling Air Conditioners and Blowing Sand Everywhere (..Keeps the riff-raff down.. ;)

Got Family still in Georgia, near / around Stone Mountain.. Been there Lots in past for Work / Play.. it's Great Country. :cool:

Again, Welcome.. and tell that Whoeveritwas we said "THANK YOU for blowing those NWO-cartel 'Guidestones' to smithereens".. We've got Enough 'Darkside' in the world withOut 'em being there to 'remind'.. o_O

jd

Nope. Pretty young.
It's just as well, I think 80's TV caused brain damage.
It could be all the dope we had when it came on the air too. My brother and our crew used to love getting blasted and watching that crap. Anyway, welcome!

..Well then Don't Fix it!! (..I mean somebody had to finish that.. 🤓

Bienveneetoes from SW AZ.. :cool: Land of the Struggling Air Conditioners and Blowing Sand Everywhere (..Keeps the riff-raff down.. ;)

Got Family still in Georgia, near / around Stone Mountain.. Been there Lots in past for Work / Play.. it's Great Country. :cool:

Again, Welcome.. and tell that Whoeveritwas we said "THANK YOU for blowing those NWO-cartel 'Guidestones' to smithereens".. We've got Enough 'Darkside' in the world withOut 'em being there to 'remind'.. o_O

jd

Actually, the balance of my handle is: fix it till it is.

As for the guidestones, I have seen them in person. Before they got blowed up.

It's just as well, I think 80's TV caused brain damage.
It could be all the dope we had when it came on the air too. My brother and our crew used to love getting blasted and watching that crap. Anyway, welcome!
Idk. Early 2000's TV wasn't any better. Though really I don't think any of it ever was. We haven't had TV in 10 years.

Latest posts

Back