Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is who Americans are!

Good folks do things like that everyday. You just have to stop listening to the mainstream media.

7f032fba7d9035cd3649a27db0439215.jpg

Well I know what I'll be doing this coming pension day.

I'll be going to Bunnings and buying a new stair tread.
This morning I went out to feed the chickens and fell through the stairs.
Seems the tread had rotted at one end and as soon as I put my whole fly weight down on it it let go.
Unfortunately it was at the top of the stairs and I had a 3 foot drop.
My shins have two great big goose egg swellings and I have a lot of scrapes, broken skin and bruising.
I almost passed out but managed to stay awake, haul myself inside and lay down on the couch.
I've got a packs of frozen peas on both shins and I won't be doing anything or going anywhere for a while.

I'm starting to think I should buy a lottery ticket.

Well I know what I'll be doing this coming pension day.

I'll be going to Bunnings and buying a new stair tread.
This morning I went out to feed the chickens and fell through the stairs.
Seems the tread had rotted at one end and as soon as I put my whole fly weight down on it it let go.
Unfortunately it was at the top of the stairs and I had a 3 foot drop.
My shins have two great big goose egg swellings and I have a lot of scrapes, broken skin and bruising.
I almost passed out but managed to stay awake, haul myself inside and lay down on the couch.
I've got a packs of frozen peas on both shins and I won't be doing anything or going anywhere for a while.

I'm starting to think I should buy a lottery ticket.
Scary! Maybe a good time to check the other stair treads as well. I hope you have a quick recovery.

Bless your heart @Tank-Girl .

Wish I could help.

Jim

Thank you and I appreciate that.
I hobbled out there and had a look and it seems the stair up rights(?) are in good condition and it was only the tread that had rotted.
I just got on the Bunnings website and they have a replacement tread that will fit for $25.
It'll be a simple case of tapping the new tread into the slots / rebates with a hammer from the back.
It'll prob be a ten min job to fix it.

Scary! Maybe a good time to check the other stair treads as well. I hope you have a quick recovery.

I will most def. be doing that.
It'd be a bad thing to fall through another tread when I had just fixed this this one.

Funny the first thing that went through my head after I fell through was ...*&*&%#$& I'm NOT going to hospital AGAIN! Stay awake, stay awake stay awake....we are NOT going to hospital again.

Well I did not get it as bad as Tank Girl.
I was out on the farm laying out 4X4's to cut for a table legs in an "H" style. I tripped on the sawhore leg & fell to the ground, no big deal, if not for the 2 X 6 that my ribcage landed on. I am fine, but sore from a bruise
And am poor company at this time. I can move my arm in 360 without any shape jabs of pain, so I know the ribs are fine.

Well I did not get it as bad as Tank Girl.
I was out on the farm laying out 4X4's to cut for a table legs in an "H" style. I tripped on the sawhore leg & fell to the ground, no big deal, if not for the 2 X 6 that my ribcage landed on. I am fine, but sore from a bruise
And am poor company at this time. I can move my arm in 360 without any shape jabs of pain, so I know the ribs are fine.

OUCH.
We're a fine pair aint we?

@Double R I'm still here! Saved up my vacation and I'm taking a month off so I can stay home and hide from the Corona.

🙄

(My immediate family all have it now, or have just got over it in the past two weeks. Except for my daughter. I think she has some kind of magic, she can be around people all day every day and still never gets it...)

Latest posts

Back