Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ANY DOLL COLLECTORS HERE? Sorting dolls. My mom passed in May (97) She collected dolls her whole life , now I have to sell them off., about 200.
No, never been a doll collector. I am more of a collector of practical things like tools. I do know that dolls can be quite collectible and some have value. I hope you can get a good price for them.

No, never been a doll collector. I am more of a collector of practical things like tools. I do know that dolls can be quite collectible and some have value. I hope you can get a good price for them.
Just sold a dress off one for $218.00

Wait. What. Wow.

Before you proceed investigate certifying what you have.

There are people that can certify collectables. My son found one for Beenie Babies. There has to be one for dolls.

Ben
Already did it by 2 appraisers

There are people that can certify collectables. My son found one for Beenie Babies. There has to be one for dolls.

Ben
The Beanie Baby craze was nuts. I knew people who worked hard at collecting large amounts of them so they could sell them after they grew up. One time someone had a free pile and I picked up a box of them. I looked on eBay and other places. They weren't worth the time to bother selling them. I think I gave them to a thrift shop.

ANY DOLL COLLECTORS HERE? Sorting dolls. My mom passed in May (97) She collected dolls her whole life , now I have to sell them off., about 200.
I wonder about MyMeadow dolls, bbflocking dolls.

I know what I'm getting all my enemies for Christmas 😂
One of these?
81-eanpTSQL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

One of these?
81-eanpTSQL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Sad story: I worked with a little autistic boy. He was 8 years old, a beautiful child. He was mumbling something, and I asked him what he was saying. He could recite the entire Chucky movie. I was appalled and heartbroken for him. He thought that was normal - his parents were not on my nice list.

11am Central time and 52F.... Overcast, streets are wet.. Over the last week or so we have got a half inch or so rain, but it has been good for the extreme fire danger of late..

Tonight is Christmas Eve and CBC radio will play the short story ...The Shepherd... read by ..Fireside Al Maitland.. It is a classic I like to listen to every year... Chokes me up every time..

Merry Christmas all..

https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2681039870

I got a stupid question:
OK these are the "Holidays" We all know they're "Holy Days" so why don't we say "Holy Days?" I mean, even as a Pagan, I could see "HOLLY Days" So what the heck is a "HOLI?" Even the spellchecker has no idea. Just something to think over during whatever ball game is on.

I got a stupid question:
OK these are the "Holidays" We all know they're "Holy Days" so why don't we say "Holy Days?" I mean, even as a Pagan, I could see "HOLLY Days" So what the heck is a "HOLI?" Even the spellchecker has no idea. Just something to think over during whatever ball game is on.
Good question and good point!

It was Bacpacker picking on you, he made me do it!! DONT SEND THE DOLL, I'll behave!! How did this go from Swing wanting to know who collects dolls to...look how many of us are afraid of dolls??🤔
It was Bacpacker picking on you, he made me do it!! DONT SEND THE DOLL, I'll behave!! How did this go from Swing wanting to know who collects dolls to...look how many of us are afraid of dolls??🤔
Want some of these
kbx26lx.jpg

0BkEXEA.jpg

nQ1AMVO.jpg

DYWuU4T.jpg

I love dolls and have several. Any Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy dolls with music boxes? Any old Thumbelina dolls? Let me know.
Not sure. Soon I will post pics , of the room full and totes . Have to go there . Bitter cold here now.
I know nothing about dolls .

1705696917502.png

Those are MyMeadow dolls, bbflocking dolls, and the one with a red arrow is a reproduction Hittie doll. The original was from 1830 and has a book of adventures that can be bought on Amazon. The Hittie doll was hand carved by a friend of mine as I was making doll clothes for the ones he was making to sell. He did that between engineering type jobs a few years ago. I just took that photo a few minutes ago.

Well I am officially old.

We received a wedding invitation from our niece formerly known as nephew via email.

We haven't seen or heard from 'her' in 14 years.
Dress is formal light pink or light green
Send money not gifts.

We respectfully declined.
Proper etiquette is always mailed invitations. Is your (niece) nephew marrying a (man) woman? I’m just being nosey, now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back