Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were working on the Allis-Chalmers. I pulled muscles in my back trying to hand crank it (to start it) at bad angles. Hard to reach far yet stay out of the way.
Silly girl, your not supposed to crank it by hand. LOL I hope you didn't permanently damage it. Take it from me sciatica sucks big time.

Silly girl, your not supposed to crank it by hand. LOL I hope you didn't permanently damage it. Take it from me sciatica sucks big time.
Haha! Had to get it started somehow to see if the bent rod was the “only” problem. Didn’t want to sink a bunch of money in parts (starter etc) if it was fatal engine problems.
Ya I have sciatica problems. It’s no fun.

Haha! Had to get it started somehow to see if the bent rod was the “only” problem. Didn’t want to sink a bunch of money in parts (starter etc) if it was fatal engine problems.
Ya I have sciatica problems. It’s no fun.
Well, next time use an impact drill to crank the shaft and brace it so it doesn't torque your arms. Hope hubby gives you a good back massage to help it feel better. ;-)
:tub:

IMG_4279.JPG
I am caught up!! And still exhausted.

I did a puzzle tonight without looking at the box and poster after I started. That is my idea of fun. :LOL:

View attachment 4212 I am caught up!! And still exhausted.

I did a puzzle tonight without looking at the box and poster after I started. That is my idea of fun. :LOL:
You actions leave me puzzled at times. LOL That's a busy image to finish as fast as you did. Good job.:ghostly:

You actions leave me puzzled at times. LOL That's a busy image to finish as fast as you did. Good job.:ghostly:
Being busy makes it easier to finish as I barely had to look at the shapes of the puzzle pieces to figure out what went where. Most of it was solved by just looking at the images as few pieces had similar images.

Well, next time use an impact drill to crank the shaft and brace it so it doesn't torque your arms. Hope hubby gives you a good back massage to help it feel better. ;-)
:tub:

Haha! He’s at work unfortunately.

@Double R Praying for quick pain relief and healing for your back. Enjoy the new little ones.

Thanks hun! We are enjoying them. Sad we’re going to have to sell a lot of them this year.

Wow! That’s amazing!

Goodnight everyone :)

Goodnight! Sorry! Had a missing calf

It's good to see you posting again. Are you feeling better?

Good morning everyone! Just getting up and letting our furry gals out of their crates. Looking like we may get some mych needed rain this week. Good chances everyday.
We'll get ready for our church this morning and then come home. Tomorrow my stitches come out, so ready, and then another week to get my walking boot! Yes!!!

So one of my projects today was to try smoking some trout. As I live in Ohio the only way we get good trout is by leaving the state or buying them at a store. I did the latter and for $10 bought 4 trout at Costco to smoke. It wasn't really warm today but at least the wind was reasonable and the temps were above freezing.
smoked trout 2-18-18.jpg

I only used a little brine on them but it worked wonderfully and produced a great taste when mixed with the hickory smoke. The meat was perfect and not flakey of dry like some smoked trout I've had before.
smoked trout2 2-18-18.jpg

So one of my projects today was to try smoking some trout. As I live in Ohio the only way we get good trout is by leaving the state or buying them at a store. I did the latter and for $10 bought 4 trout at Costco to smoke. It wasn't really warm today but at least the wind was reasonable and the temps were above freezing.CH]

Come up this way you can catch rainbows and brookies until you are sick of them

Latest posts

Back