Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is just in our house, she will go to the photographer tomorrow for back drops and such tomorrow. She’s just trying to figure out which outfit

To be honest, I like the background of your house. It adds character far above those non-descript backgrounds used in formal portraits. Your house is nicely decorated, and the lighting at that location is flattering. And in real estate, they sell houses, not smudgy/smeary/cloudy roll-down backgrounds, don't they?

Blue dress/jacket: subtle color is professional yet stands out from black and white.
Agree with this and will also depend on the color of the back drop. #4 washes her out too much, and the blue color goes well with her blonde hair and skin coloring.

My vote is # 2. Love the blue.

I'm surprised to see a real pic of a really pretty gal. All the realtors around me have those edited glamour shots done, and when you meet them personally, you look at their business card, then their faces, and realize the business card was a high school pic with fuzzy lines around it.

@hashbrown I’d like to echo others’ sentiments for the blue suit. It’s professional yet approachable. I find the black suit to be a bit severe and less welcoming.

All of that said, if it’s from the waist up, she could take both the blue and black jackets with her, choosing the white shirt, and seeing which goes better with the backdrops and lighting the photographer has to offer.

@hashbrown I’d like to echo others’ sentiments for the blue suit. It’s professional yet approachable. I find the black suit to be a bit severe and less welcoming.

All of that said, if it’s from the waist up, she could take both the blue and black jackets with her, choosing the white shirt, and seeing which goes better with the backdrops and lighting the photographer has to offer.
Hi, good to see you! I hope you are well!

Nite @Pearl ! guess I'll be up for a bit. fell asleep in my chair after lunch, for 2 hrs! o_O I struggle so hard trying to maintain a normal schedule. Regular wakeup, meal times, bed. For cfs people it's very easy to flip nights and days, which leads to even worse symptoms.

We never sleep good. I usually joke... 'haven't had a good nights sleep in 25yrs'. We always wake up exhausted. Hard to even move, much less think . Takes me a few hours to get moving at all. Then I may not move very far...

So tonight i'll only get a few hrs of crappy sleep then up on time tomorrow.

@jishinsjourney found this gif and was going to post but you disappeared for a bit...

Welcome back, have some... .... 😁

coffee.gif

We never sleep good. I usually joke... 'haven't had a good nights sleep in 25yrs'. We always wake up exhausted. Hard to even move, much less think . Takes me a few hours to get moving at all. Then I may not move very far...
That is totally me (note the timestamp on this post).
Had to give up the Ambien because it is a 'controlled substance', they wouldn't do 'auto-refill' on it or give more than a 30-day refill and I would constantly run out. Since it is addictive, when you run out, you become this -
66419-f7cae161eb0c444f3d4dc8dea3908675.gif

Last edited:
Wondering if it's possible to have a rational conversation here about racial prejudice, in more than one of it's environmental aspects. Front Porch Chit-Chat May not be the place? Is there any such rational place? Anywhere? Personally, I have no real understanding of it, so my participation would mostly be "Hah? Really?"

Wondering if it's possible to have a rational conversation here about racial prejudice, in more than one of it's environmental aspects. Front Porch Chit-Chat May not be the place? Is there any such rational place? Anywhere? Personally, I have no real understanding of it, so my participation would mostly be "Hah? Really?"
What’s on your mind, @VThillman ?

Oh, man, I'd never take that junk. I've seen too many people messed up on it. Bad enough that husband takes a muscle relaxer for acid reflux.
Daughter has been dealing with land sickness, after being on a large boat, maybe a yacht, for a week. Someone suggested Benadryl or Ambien. She immediately squashed the idea of Ambien. She is on another trip and I haven't heard from her to know how she is feeling and if the land sickness is gone.

https://dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/land.html

Welp, what's on my mind is that I have never understood the basis of it. When I was a kid (before 1950) Vermont was approximately 99+%Caucasian and very little of that outside what passed for metro areas. If that doesn't explain it, more later.
Please give us the “more later” response. As I was growing up I didn’t understand that it was a thing, to prejudge someone because of their appearance or skin color, or anything that would give an indication of race. I didn’t care. As a little child, one of my best friends was a poor Puerto Rican girl. One was a rich white girl from Texas. My parents didn’t care. For the most part I have mostly thought it is a taught or learned conditioning….environmental.
Or are you referring to a different type of prejudice?
I still don’t understand what is going on with clear cut sexual preferences as it has become so far removed from male/female and he/she.
Religion, not even going there.
Political, nope.
What I’ve noticed is when, in politics especially, someone is a minority race or female, or not a Protestant, then the mud slinging starts instead of keeping it on the base of what they’re doing, saying, enacting into law, etc. As if anyone with that same race, religion, gender, etc is the same.

Please give us the “more later” response. As I was growing up I didn’t understand that it was a thing, to prejudge someone because of their appearance or skin color, or anything that would give an indication of race. I didn’t care. As a little child, one of my best friends was a poor Puerto Rican girl. One was a rich white girl from Texas. My parents didn’t care. For the most part I have mostly thought it is a taught or learned conditioning….environmental.
Or are you referring to a different type of prejudice?
I still don’t understand what is going on with clear cut sexual preferences as it has become so far removed from male/female and he/she.
Religion, not even going there.
Political, nope.
What I’ve noticed is when, in politics especially, someone is a minority race or female, or not a Protestant, then the mud slinging starts instead of keeping it on the base of what they’re doing, saying, enacting into law, etc. As if anyone with that same race, religion, gender, etc is the same.

I have plenty of memories of 'racial prejudice' growing up in the deep south in the 60's. Best not to share them here, (or not at all).
All I can say is, people today have no clue what real racism is.

Latest posts

Back