Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not know which thread you are referring to. If it is political, that would be why, because it is rare for me to even view political discussions, let alone post on them.

It is helpful to quote or reply because it keeps everyone in the loop about what is being discussed.

I think it is rare for discussions to be closed here.
It shouldn't have been political, but now days it seems like EVERYTHING gets politiziced, unfortunately.

Speaking only for myself...

I don't enjoy seeing friends arguing. Say what needs to be said... and be done with it.

Ben
That is ok for you to say. But just because I belong to a forum, I do not consider "everyone" on that forum to be a "friend". It just doesn't work that way with me. Kinda like I "like" some co-workers and others "not so much". That's just how life goes. Each to their own, right?

Had another male look at my washer. He said it was what I said, the tension rods gave out, not what the other guy said. Parts next week, he said he'll fix it in less than 30 minutes. First guy said $700 to replace the warped drum. This guy thought it was funny..."warped drum..." shook his head and snickered. Second guy says he fixes this brand for this issue frequently. Next time I'll get a Speed Queen.
Go with yer gut, Patch! :cool:

Had another male look at my washer. He said it was what I said, the tension rods gave out, not what the other guy said. Parts next week, he said he'll fix it in less than 30 minutes. First guy said $700 to replace the warped drum. This guy thought it was funny..."warped drum..." shook his head and snickered. Second guy says he fixes this brand for this issue frequently. Next time I'll get a Speed Queen.
I have had a Speed Queen for around 15 years now without any problems. Best is that it is American made and if you do have an issue, you should be able to find parts easily. This brand is one that many laundromats use.

You gotta tell us what brand the one was that had the tension rods fail.
Inquiring minds want to know:waiting:.

Samsung may be good for electronics, BUT they suck on appliances. I have had both an oven and a dishwasher. .They need to do way more research on their expansions.
I agree.
Nothing but 4 Samsung TV's in our house today. :thumbs:
I battle-tested them for years and they have been flawless.
All of the in-laws LG's eventually developed problems.

Last edited:
I agree.
Nothing but 4 Samsung TV's in our house today. :thumbs:
I battle-tested them for years and they have been flawless.
All of the in-laws LG's eventually developed problems.
I still have an Insignia old picture tube from years gone by. Bought maybe 15-20 years ago? Not sure on that timeline. It's been many years ago.

“Stiff-Person Syndrome,” I’m not kidding.
“Though the cause of Stiff Person Syndrome remains unknown, researchers suspect it may be caused by an autoimmune reaction. Specifically, the immune system seems to attack a protein called glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD), which helps make a substance called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).”
Pain, muscle spasms, rigidity of limbs.

“Stiff-Person Syndrome,” I’m not kidding.
“Though the cause of Stiff Person Syndrome remains unknown, researchers suspect it may be caused by an autoimmune reaction. Specifically, the immune system seems to attack a protein called glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD), which helps make a substance called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA).”
Pain, muscle spasms, rigidity of limbs.
But her arms looked so loose. No rigidity. I don’t understand.

Latest posts

Back