Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm patiently,or should I say impatiently,waiting on the mower to come back so I can finish the yard. :waiting:
Is it a goat?
I think you have to go get it yourself. They rarely (mowers) return on their own. Self-propelled is not always the best thing, @squirrelhunter
:LOL:
Plus, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

Is it a goat?
I think you have to go get it yourself. They rarely (mowers) return on their own. Self-propelled is not always the best thing, @squirrelhunter
It didn't leave on it's own,the repair man took it and he'll bring it back :p .
:D
Thanks

Is it a goat?
Oh,also,the drive was out of it so it couldn't leave on it's own and wasn't self propelled at the time of leaving but by gosh it'd better be when it comes back,whether by itself or with a little help ;) :D

I candled the 7 duck eggs in the incubator again last night,2 weren't fertile I guess but the other 5 are looking good. About my luck,after all I've done over the last year to get an egg to hatch,they probably will now that the display on the incubator went out and I'm planning on getting another 1 :rolleyes:.

I thought you said "I candied" Then I reread it.

I'm still having so much "fun" I cannot stand it. Family issues being worked out, staying busy online. Etc. Hopefully will get some sewing time over the weekend.

Havasu, that is one precious Hawaiian dressed granddaughter.

@havasu quite frankly freezing our watootsies off here in the mountain cottage as there is an Antarctic cold wind blowing, we gave in and arched up the slow combustion stove. Told husband I wasn't afraid to tap out and have the fireplace on as we have 2 years worth of firewood cut and split under the house :D . Ahh my feet are tingling and thawing in my sheepskin ugg boots.

Later after the gardens have been watered we are heading into town to get DH's pain meds and take advantage of another $15 off $100 purchase to finish off our 2 month grocery shop and we will be way under budget. Got to love when you get under budget on anything and can stock up on a few things at the same time.

This is a holiday weekend here for us Americans. Hope everyone stays safe and no broken bones while having fun. We'll all be thinking of you, @hashbrown . Just think, you'll get to sit back in the lounge chair and be waited on, with pain meds. And your favorite barbecue.

Thanks! I'm not quite the sit back type of guy when it's time to make the bbq its going to be all me!

Running errands for parents.
Watching the weather 95% humidity.
Got a doozy of storm coming in.
Laughing at my oldest son, Estelle walked by herself across the room.
Bent down picked up her story book and brought it to Granny yesterday.
Both mom and dad had tears streaming down their faces.
She promptly went to main bookcase and emptied two shelves that were eye level to her.
She got in bathroom trash,strewn it everywhere.
Congratulations! You're the proud parent of toddler.
Look out cate, heck on wheels is here.
Tuesday she will be 11 months old.
She now has both eye teeth, one in the front on top.
One on the bottom, don't get in her way she wants people food no baby food.
Loves fruit,beef jerky,mashed potatoes, white gravy,pulled pork .

Last edited:
Running errands for parents.
Watching the weather 95% humidity.
Got a doozy of storm coming in.
Laughing at my oldest son, Estelle walked by herself across the room.
Bent down picked up her story book and brought it to Granny yesterday.
Both mom and dad had tears streaming down their faces.
She promptly went to main bookcase and emptied two shelves that were eye level to her.
She got in bathroom trash,strewn it everywhere.
Congratulations! You're the proud parent of toddler.
Look out cate, heck on wheels is here.

So much fun till its great grands and then not as much. By then you've about had it mind and body. Still love to see them just not when their grand parents aka my kids are around. Hubby and I taught 5 of grands to skate, now we don't go near a rink.

We had spring fer bout a week an then straight ta the cooker! Month a June generally be in the 70's an lower 80's. July and August bein our hot months. Not this year! Uperr 80's, 90's an had one day already what were 101!

Deck be nearly done on the redo, but then decided ta add a few thins to it. Had one area what always collected junk so cleaned that all out and put a mini deck there fer the trash cans an hose reel. Addin in a nice little shelf fer momma ta do with as she pleases.

New apple trees be growin good an have survived the storms of late. Garden is comin long fine.

Next project be my solar system. I dug out my panels an found I had more then I remembered. I got 8 high end 20 watt panels an 8 good deep cycle batteries. Not a huge system but will be nice ta have extra power just in case. Don't like runnin generators ifin I don't have ta.

Health issues kinda keep me from goin full tilt these days. I work till I get tired an take a break. Things just take longer en they used ta. Deal with the hand I was dealt, all I can do.

Hope everbody has a safe an enjoyable summer.

Funny how my sister did the exact same thing, buying a 100 year old home because it had charm. She has since learned charm is another way of saying, "Attracts repair crews". LOL

Charm ta a home be just like BOAT in the marine world, "Bust out another thousand".

Latest posts

Back