Front Porch Chit Chat

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm struggling with being a natural night owl and wanting to get an early start on the day. It's kinda like the apples and oranges of life. 😅
Not for me...
Mornings have always been a struggle for me, and as I got older, they totally sukt. :mad:
Then I retired and discovered that my body works 5X better from midnight to 2:30am, than from 8:00am-10:30 am.:thumbs:
No more 'mournings' for me.
66984-NoDeal.gif

Last edited:
Not for me...
Mornings have always been a struggle for me, and as I got older, they totally sukt. :mad:
Then I retired and discovered that my body works 5X better from midnight to 2:30am, than from 8:00am-10:30 am.:thumbs:
No more 'mournings' for me.
66984-NoDeal.gif
There's gotta be something wrong with me because it seems that the older I get the less sleep I need.

I can hate mornings with the best of 'em and I'm a natural second shift worker, but once I'm up and moving.... I kick myself for hitting the snooze button twenty times.

There's gotta be something wrong with me because it seems that the older I get the less sleep I need.
It's weird, I think it has to do with metabolism and calories burned.
I know we get more efficient/'MPG' (miles per gobble), as we get older too.
This is why it is so hard for older people that do everything right (diet & exercise), to lose weight.
Before I retired, I could easily sleep 10 hours in a night on weekends.
Had to pry myself out of bed every weekday morning.
Today, 4 hours sleep in a stretch is max. I am also the poster-child for what a 'sedentary-lifestyle' is :D.

Last edited:
I wake up when it gets light out
ignore the clock unless we have to go somewhere

I feel best if I get my 7-8 hours of sleep , which I now get thanks to taking a gummi at night most nights, had terrible insomnia before we moved here . I would wake up at 2 or 3 and not be able to go back to sleep , and dreaded the next day feeling like I couldn't function because I lacked sleep

I sleep four hours at a time, if I do not work out. Work out means any time I cut grass, go to the farm & sometime I help my son with thing.
Done some fire protection & wiring on a few houses, nothing big. I potted plants & planted bulbs this afternoon, I will sleep tonight.

Getting Ready to get out and circle the wagons... Possible Thunder Storms coming...!!! ⛈️ :facepalm::fun fun:

Good Morning All with Hopes of a "Good Day Heading Your Way"...!!

Last edited:
Mostly finished filling up a 20 ft dumpster with some spring cleaning....came in and had a letter from our home insurance saying they are cancelling our insurance in june because of two much junk around the house.
Called the dumpster company and told them to drop off a fresh dumpster when they pick up the full one tomorrow.
Well maybe I am just a little bit of a hoarder....... Time to sit on the back deck and talk to the chickens.

We are in Central Oklahoma and all of us have lost all cell service.
T-Mobile, Verizon and Spectrum all just went dead at the same time today.
I'm on the RV park Wi-Fi. No idea who they have for a provider.
Get the heck out of there.......bad, BAD weather coming your way!!

We are in Central Oklahoma and all of us have lost all cell service.
T-Mobile, Verizon and Spectrum all just went dead at the same time today.
I'm on the RV park Wi-Fi. No idea who they have for a provider.
ACP got De-Funded...!!!

Get the heck out of there.......bad, BAD weather coming your way!!
Yea we are watching the weather.
Our problem is the weather is even supposed to be worse where we are going.
We should be on the tail end of the storms so we think it's better to stay put as wait to see what happens.

Some things last forever...
When this house flooded in 2001 from Allison, the in-laws got all new furniture, including table lamps.
So they put this old one up on the cabinet in the garage so they would have light in the garage when they backed in after dark.
Since it is too high up to turn off, it has been running around the clock, ever since, and is still shining bright today:D.
For the math junkies out there, 23years x 365days x 24hours = 201,480 hours of continuous operation!:oops:
IMG_20240426_143355.jpg

If it ever dies, I gotta see what brand that bulb is.

I have recently been diagnosed with Polycythemia vera but then yesterday talking with my MDAnderson Doc said maybe essential thrombocythemia cancer. I don't know exactly which. I do have a canerous blood disorder.
PLEASE keep us posted!! You are our family, we are here for you!!♥️

Welp, tis that time of the Day... to get Up and Out and Getting Busy as a 🐝 and other Critters...!!! Hope All Here Have A Good n "Blessed Day"... ☃️ 👻 👻

I'm good right now and started with a new cancer trial using interferons. Yeah, I am a guinea pig and honestly very reluctantly agreed. After all that has been coming out with the Covid crap, that should or at least could scare any injections, no matter what kind. I know it did me.
Hopes and prayers it works! I know your Hunny wants you around for a long time!! I feel it's a decision well made my friend!!

Latest posts

Back