GM is phasing out gas powdered vehicles in 10 yrs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our 1995 351 big block has 35 gal. tank gets over 500 miles to a tank but it uses premuim gas only. So its not cheap but great milage considering 1 ton 15 passenger,of course took out seats right off. We have bed,potty, cooler for food, table ,etc,.
We put in roll guard Road Master several yr ago which was over $500.

I get 495 miles to tank of gas.
It takes $20 to fill tank.
I drive a Fiat 500 Lounge.
;)
That the mileage if I am the only one driving my car.
If my oldest son is driving it too.
Then I get about 295 miles.
But he refills the car each time after he uses the car.
And you would be surprised about what I can fit in my Fiat.

MoBook I bet it will carry more than it would look like it could,some small vehicles have more room than meets the eye.
We were still hauling grandkids around when we bought this van, and we didn't have to make pit stops on trips just close curtain. We only stop for dogs who are not potty trained,:). Then we got the bus but and took trips in it. Now last few years it is back in the van.

Don't worry, they will fix that for you ;).
Pretty soon you won't have to buy ANY gasoline! :woo hoo:
You won't even notice the $100 per month increase in your power bill:thumbs:.
Did we mention that batteries don't stay fully charged while it is just sitting there?
...oh, and you will have a pretty big car payment each month?
Minor details.
But you will feel really good, because you are saving the planet!!!
flower70.gif

Don't worry, they will fix that for you ;).
Pretty soon you won't have to buy ANY gasoline! :woo hoo:
You won't even notice the $100 per month increase in your power bill:thumbs:.
Did we mention that batteries don't stay fully charged while it is just sitting there?
...oh, and you will have a pretty big car payment each month?
Minor details.
But you will feel really good, because you are saving the planet!!!View attachment 58304
I most certainly will notice that $100 a month increase on my electric bill.
My electric bill is $48 a month.
My battery is fully charged because I'm traveling unless it's bitter cold.
Car payment is under $150 month.
I don't buy gas now. My son fills up the car 90% of the time.
I can also fit a car seat in the back seat in my car too.

My battery is fully charged because I'm traveling unless it's bitter cold.
Car payment is under $150 month.
No! I was talking about the huge battery in your new electric car that has a 300 mile range!
You know, the one you HAD to buy because you can't buy gasoline anymore ;).
Just think of all of the 'green jobs' you will create!:p
Oh, and the $30,000 solar-panels you put on your roof will easily keep that battery topped off:thumbs:.
They will finance those, doncha know.:)

No! I was talking about the huge battery in your new electric car that has a 300 mile range!
You know, the one you HAD to buy because you can't buy gasoline anymore ;).
Just think of all of the 'green jobs' you will create!:p
Oh, the $30,000 solar-panels you put on your roof will easily keep that battery topped off:thumbs:.
They will finance those, doncha know.
I'm just yanking your chain. ;)

I'm in a NASCAR fantasy league for 20 years. I've got 3 trucks, 2 motorcycles, 2 cars, 3 snowmobiles and an ATV. (you'd think that I would have a toilet or a TV:)). My daily driver car was built in 1988. My daily driver truck is a '74 F250. I maintain them all myself. There's no bigger fan of the internal combustion engine than me. I miss carburators believe it or not. I'll never own an electric vehicle. I'm too old and too poor. But I see the writing on the wall and anything that we can do to help the planet is OK with me. Even if it's only the rich folk that can afford to buy the new technology at first it's a step in the right direction. There are serious obstacles to overcome of course. The technology and rare earth metal extraction techniques will improve. We've got really smart people that will figure it out. Not every electric vehicle is a Prius or a Volt either. They have electric big rigs on the road already. So thinking that you won't be able to make a dump run or haul building materials in an electric vehicle is just plain silly, to be kind. And just like nobody's horses got taken away when they invented cars, nobody's going to take our old cars away either.

Y'all need to check the Tesla models and prices, and specs.

I just bought a new SUV.
I could have bought a Tesla SUV or sedan much cheaper.

The Tesla truck I linked above is $39,000 try buying a new gas or diesel truck, with the capacity it has ,for under $50,000.

Buuut,

I checked insurance...can't do that until repair prices come down and insurance rates come way down.

How's $5000 a year sound for a $36,000 sedan..... Not for me.

Jim

Are people going to haul all their supplies of all kinds home with their electric car?
How many sacks of feed and how sheets of plywood can an electric car haul?

How are farmers/ranchers going to get food to market? Cattle drives??

I'm just yanking your chain. ;)
I know.
I just think we are going to need some of that 'newly-legalized recreational marijuana' to see things clearly :p.
I saw a funny meme someone put up. An electric car ran out. So a gas car pulling a diesel-powered electric generator came to it's rescue to charge it.
Fixed it forya':thumbs:. (hope you don't mind)

@200years2late: I was working on electric vehicles that carried 12,000 pounds, 20 years ago.
The idea that this is somehow perceived as "new", is funny to me.
Their predecessors carrying 5,000 lbs hit the ground running, in 1985.
So, they were 'new' how many years ago? (math quiz).

I think that Agenda 21 also means no private property ownership, the PTB is going to push communism down our throats whither we like it or not, welcome to "1984"/ "Brave New World", we were warned, but everyone said "That'll never happen", well it's happening, look what Covid 19 had done to the world. Oh, yeah wind and solar, so how are they manufactured? Getting enough copper and steel for the wind generators, means mining, recycling as well as the energy to melt the metals and solar means making special glass, silicon for the cells and more wire for the connections, mining and melting involved. Lots of things involved in getting all these "clean power" sources up and running, in other words, don't confuse me with the facts, I just want my electric car/truck. I tend to think we'll all be living in communes with a central kitchen and travel is a thing of the past. Welcome to the age of no more individualism. I sorrow for the coming generations, it makes me realize how wonderful my younger years really were, even troubled times throughout my 78 years are far better than what's coming. On the other hand, with some of the bad things I'm seeing, I'm thinking we're coming to the end of all these things, the end of this age and the beginning of God's plan.

Just read an article about Tesla and how no one is buying their cars. But they are making money by selling their "green credits" to other car manufacturers who actually sell cars.

Link, please.

I didnt get any $600
We finally got ours a week ago. Last time it was a card. This time it was a paper check.
You have to either file income taxes, or live on 'the public dole' to get one.
If you live 'off of their radar-screen'... no check for you!

Last edited:
I agree wwith whoever said Elon Musk and Zuckerburg are not from this world, they may be E.T.'s with A.Is. Taking over we humans.

Last edited:
Y'all need to check the Tesla models and prices, and specs.

I just bought a new SUV.
I could have bought a Tesla SUV or sedan much cheaper.

The Tesla truck I linked above is $39,000 try buying a new gas or diesel truck, with the capacity it has ,for under $50,000.

Buuut,

I checked insurance...can't do that until repair prices come down and insurance rates come way down.

How's $5000 a year sound for a $36,000 sedan..... Not for me.

Jim
Not buying a car with the price comparable to house price here.
I would just buy the house instead.

Latest posts

Back