GOLD....

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote of the day about gold:

Kahn said that any choice the Federal Reserve makes from here will be good for gold. She noted that higher interest rates could push the U.S. economy into a recession, but leaving them unchanged will cause inflation to rise.

"I firmly believe gold is going above $2,000," she said.

"The Fed doesn't know what is going to happen, so right now, gold is the only adult in the room." - Tobina Kahn, president of House of Kahn Estate Jewelers

https://www.kitco.com/news/2023-03-...price-soars-amid-a-spreading-bank-crisis.html

Last edited:
My thinking is if things are so bad that I need gold to buy something , then there will be no banks , shops , mail or any kind of delivery service for converting that gold into acceptable currency . Cranking up a vehicle and going somewhere to cash in gold might also be problematic as I have never seen a gas pump that took gold or anyone working inside a gas station dealing in gold . Trying to pay property taxes with gold I could also see being a problem . -- With that view , I will say however if someone expects things to crash and then spring back into some sort of recovery , then yes at that point converting that gold might be profitable . I just don't expect a recovery and am expecting our ongoing spiral downward to not bounce back , thus my efforts toward never ending self-sufficiency .

Last edited:
My thinking is if things are so bad that I need gold to buy something , then there will be no banks , shops , mail or any kind of delivery service for converting that gold into acceptable currency . Cranking up a vehicle and going somewhere to cash in gold might also be problematic as I have never seen a gas pump that took gold or anyone working inside a gas station dealing in gold . Trying to pay property taxes with gold I could also see being a problem . -- With that view , I will say however if someone expects things to crash and then spring back into some sort of recovery , then yes at that point converting that gold might be profitable . I just don't expect a recovery and am expecting our ongoing spiral downward to not bounce back , thus my efforts toward never ending self-sufficiency .
Gold is an excellent investment regardless of bad times or good. For thousands of years people have been using gold to purchase everything they need. I don't see anything coming up in the future to change that.

Latest posts

Back