Good Morning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon T/F.

Cloudy, windy and back in the 40's today.

But the good Lord woke us up this morning, so it's a good day!:D

Top of the evening to all ya'll!

Still flurries, here. Not sticking.

Afternoon T/F.

Hey Jerry, Mr. Mark, Terry, Mark and everyone else.

Hey Jerry, ya think Kev is coming back, cause I'm starting to wonder? I do miss em!

Just hope they are OK and just enjoying their extended vacation.

Afternoon T/F.

Hey Jerry, Mr. Mark, Terry, Mark and everyone else.

Hey Jerry, ya think Kev is coming back, cause I'm starting to wonder? I do miss em!

Just hope they are OK and just enjoying their extended vacation.
I don't know,I'm beginning to wonder too and am worrying too.

A quick “good morning” to y’all!

Evening T/F.

What-up Jerry, Mr. Mark, Terry, Mark Sharley and everyone else.

Hey Mark, have fun with the PSA shootout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dutch,

Thank you kindly!

Will take some vids.......(pics are no problem)....may take a while to post the vids (we have the can & string internet co.) LOL

Later, Mark

We had some visitors at the pond today,they even hung around for awhile while I was mowing.

pB3aGpQ.jpg

rL394RA.jpg

Good Afternoon All...!!

The Wife and I have been travelling the globe via a military retiree program called Space-A ( Space-Available ) through the Air Mobility Command (AMC) :

Information Website: http://www.amc.af.mil/Home/AMC-Travel-Site/

First we travelled on a Lockheed C5 Galaxy from Joint Base McGuire-Dix in New Jersey to the following ports of call:

RAF Mildenhall ~ United Kingdom...visited area around base during two day layover...then the same C5 Galaxy to:

Ramstein AB ~ Germany...visited surrounding area to include Heidelberg, Stuttgart, Ulm, Munich, then...

Took the Bullet Train to Paris, France for a day trip...then back to Germany for a few more days...visiting Frankfurt, and the ancient Roman city of Trier near Belgium.

Then a real looong plane ride on a McDonnell Douglas KC-10 Extender to Travis AFB, California to visit Napa Valley, Sacramento, then to San Francisco, Santa Cruz and down to Monterrey and back.

Then we hopped a Boeing C-17 Globemaster III for another long ride to JB Pearl Harbor - Hickam on the island of Oahu, Hawaii for some R&R.

There we visited the USS Arizona Memorial...the Battleship USS Missouri...Hickam Air Field...Honolulu, Waikiki, and Diamond Head.

Then, well rested and tan...we hopped another McDonnell Douglas KC-10 for another looong jet ride back to JB McGuire-Dix in New Jersey then home to Pennsylvania.

An awesome month long vacation...!!

Now I need another vacation !!

Nice to be back... { gotta sort through the 1500 pictures we took before I can post them }

OH YEA...bought a few new firearms too !!

See you on the forum...

THAT'S ALL you got done in a month,sheesh I could've done that in a week ans sat around on my ass the other 3 weeks :rolleyes: :p :lol:.

Glad you had fun and are back,Dutch has been driving us nuts :wink:.

Yea...Good to be back Jerry... :smilie flag:

and Sorry Dutch...I couldn't take my laptop. :comp bullet:

Just think of all the German Beer I drank and had to walk off in those 3 weeks to fit back into my Speedo for Hawaii !! ( OH...the Humanity !! ) :drinking:

When you use the military Space-A Program there are travel weight restrictions...as any passengers other than active duty military are manifested to the transports as "Cargo".

:rolleyes:

Shooter, man I am so so glad to see you again my friend. We missed the hell outta you Kev! Jerry and I started posting about what happen to you guys, as I was ready to give up on you buddy. So glad that you and the Sergeant Major got to see the world and had a good time doing it, as you guys deserve it!

Welcome back my friend, because it's so good to see ya again! :great:

BTW, did you bring us back any souvenirs???

Can't wait to see em buddy. Jerry and I posted back & forth, that you had better have some good pics when you get back, LOL!

Damn Shooter, I am officially jealous!

We are headed to Paris in October for 11 days, where we are going to see Normandy on a Viking Long Boat Cruise, but have 3 days in Paris to be "just tourists". Give me some good sites to visit...

We are hitting the Louvre Museum, Eiffel Tower, but that is all we got. I would like to get on the Chunnel and shoot to Cambridge, England, to visit my uncle's gravesite, who died when his B-17 crashed while landing after being all shot up. Do you think this is possible to do while in Paris?

Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower...what a view...especially at night.

The Louvre...you could spend two days in there and not see everything...

We got off the Bullet Train ( we got up to 125 mph on one stretch )...when we arrived and walked outside the train station...just a half a block from the station...straight down the street on the right...you go into any little store and buy a ticket for a Double Decker Bus...it's a jump off and explore then jump back on and go type of deal...there is always like 5 buses in the loop. You pick the loop from a map they provide.

We did sidewalk cafes...small museums, like one with French weapons and armor...the bus drivers all speak English, just ask them where to jump off as you use the map...then catch the next bus by using the codes at each stop.

Different color buses are your code...we took the Red...there is also Blue and White... ( French Flag )

We were there only a day...it was raining when we got there...and more rain was forecasted, so we didn't stay over night, as was the plan.

When we go back at the end of September 2018...Normandy is on our bucket list....!!

Latest posts

Back