Good Morning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Afternoon T/F...!!

After six days of rain & fog...looks like we may see some sun today !!

Maybe...

Dg4zBU0.jpg

Good afternoon T/F. I borrowed the neighbor's mower and mowed the yard. Tomorrow I'll have to get out the yard sweeper and sweep the whole thing and then trim however much my body can take, just doing the pond is a days job in itself let alone all the other stuff.

Good Afternoon T/F...!!

Spent most of the day ( 7 hours ) with two friends at an outdoor gun range in the old Holmesburg section of Philadelphia, close to the Delaware River.

http://www.holmesburgfishandgame.com/home.html

Took my Springfield M1 Garand, an Olympic AR15, a Yugoslavian AKMS, my new Rock Island Armory 10mm and my Colt Gold Cup National Match...

Besides a great time with friends, also had the place to ourselves for hours. We picked up some hoagies and ate lunch right there.

Awesome weather with plenty of sunshine sealed the deal...!!

JsV3eJo.jpg

53UMaGD.jpg

Good Morning T/F...!!

Just finished cleaning the five rifles and pistols I took to the outdoor range yesterday...now enjoying the bright sunshine and cool breeze on the deck...with a cupa Joe.

Enjoy your day...

JiEMTJ8.jpg

Just stopped in to say hello. Been too damn tired to check in, as I'm still helping my bud renovate his home. Plus I had to cut my grass today, so now my butt hurts from sitting on my tractor!:cry:

LMAO buddy. Shooter, you always find a way to come up with some ****/stuff! A true "Philly home boy", man I love it! Heck I haven't seen one of those since the 70's. I use to cut our lawn with one of them when we lived in West Oak Lane! Member those hilly little lawns out in front of the house Shooter?

Sure do Dutch...grew up in NE Philly...Mayfair row homes...still remember trying to push that thing up one of those lawn hills...at my house !!

I'm saving my paper route money to get me one of these...

kWlYY5l.jpg

Good Afternoon T/F...!!

Just another day in paradise here in Pennsylvania...the sun is shining and the birds are chirping.

And I'm on the back deck surveying my domain...it don't get much better !!

m6Gid0Q.jpg

Good Morning T/F...!!

Well...woke up at 5am to raging thunderstorms and quite a lightning show...had to shut some windows due to the rain...then could not fall back to sleep.

So, I just made some coffee, stayed up and watched the show.

WhDScAN.jpg

Good afternoon T/F and Happy Memorial Day.

Been hanging out with my son the last couple of days, doing that father/son bonding thing.

The other night we built a fire out back in my truck wheel fire pit and hung out all night, until around 2 or 3 in the morning. We slept half the next day just to recover!

While simple and easy, we had a great time just hanging out with each other, trash talking, eating, drinking (Coronas & Tequila) and enjoying the beautiful wooded outdoors of the NJ Pine Barrens over an open fire.

Have a blessed and wonderful holiday weekend everyone, cause I sure am!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
You do the same Dutch...!!

...just got back from shoppin'....whatta mad house !!

Got Hot Dogs...Beef, Chicken and Ribs for the Barbie tomorrow.

Beer and assorted beverages in the fridge...chips, dip and snacks.

Houston...WE ARE GOOD TO GO !!

----------------------------------------

Enjoy the weekend guys...

---------------------------------------

BUT...don't forget WHY we are a free nation...MILLIONS OF BRAVE SOULS spilled their blood on battlefields here and around the globe to INSURE it.

REMEMBER AND SALUTE THEIR SACRIFICES !!!!

Q1zJk9w.jpg

Excellent reminder Shooter, that the things we enjoy and our way of life came with a high price.

"Freedom Is Not Free"! :smilie flag:

Be sure and thank the Sergeant Major for me Sir!

Remember...Freedom Isn't Free...It's Bought and Paid For With The Blood Of Heroes !!

TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN SOLDIER...Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia

dpvafb9.jpg

The site is guarded around the clock, every day of the year, in all types of weather, by specially trained members of the Third United States Infantry Regiment (also known as the “Old Guard“). The Sentinels who guard the Tomb must be exemplary in discipline, dress, and bearing; thoroughly knowledgeable with the history of their unit, the Tomb of the Unknowns, Arlington National Cemetery (and those interred there), and the U.S. Army; and able to execute a variety of ceremonial rites flawlessly and with precision.

No. We never do anything on Memorial Day but maybe go over to the graveyard where mom and dad and most of their families are buried. Dad was a Vet and I had a couple uncles that are Vets. If we have the gas,which this year we don't,we suppose to go over to where Anna's dad and mom are buried,her dad was a career Vet.

Good Choice...

The Wife & I are hosting my Daughter and Her Boyfriend and their two doggies for a BBQ...just a small get together.

Glad we have a wrap-around porch out front of the house...that's where the grill is. I grill all year round. The deck out back is open to the sky...and rain.

Good evening T/F.

Hey there, Shooter, Jerry, Mr. Mark, Terry, Mark & everyone else.

Nice pic there Shooter!:D She is dragging one helluva wagon behind her!

Can't help it, I like "Big Butts"!:great:

ROTF & LMAO, as I cant stop laughing buddy, too funny! While I can identify with his preference for big butts or should I say "Junk in the Trunk" , i'm sorry buddy, but I hate rap music! You know Shooter, we are from the same land, time & era, ie, Jerry Blavat, Hi Lit, Georgie Woods and Ed Hurst! WIBG, WFIL, WDAS, WHAT & WOGL! American Bandstand, Wagner's Ballroom, and Steel Pier, you know what i'm talking bout! You and I come from a time & era when they played, sang and danced to real music!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back