HA-HA! But I think we knew this already!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I think boomers are starting to realize that Big Pharma cr@p is no good... downright dangerous, even, so it's back to Mother Nature and organic weed, no Monsanto chemicals involved, lol. :cool:

My knee was bugging me the other day, so I fired up the glass bong... problem solved. I was watching 'BAD BOYS' too, not the ethnic flicks, but the old Sean Penn movie, lol. I'm no fan of Sean Penn, but that was one of his better movies. ;)

65 and older are not 'experimenting' with weed, we already know, and have for decades.
I used it when I was in my teens and didn't care for it, and haven't touched it since.
Times have changed. Today I live with constant joint pain, and never have to pass a drug-test.
Just listening to all of the praises of CBD has me rethinking my position🤔.

I think boomers are Everyone is starting to realize that Big Pharma cr@p is no good..
FIFY, Bud.. :cool: And.. Aye:

Farmacy.jpg
:cool:

..Thus:
Be-The-Extremist.jpg
😍

..A-Friggin-Men. :cool: I forget who originally Posted that Gem (..Peanut, maybe? 🤔) ..But, Man - that SO needs to be a T-Shirt :cool: I'd wear it Out wearing it out.. Be fun to tally / video-catalog all the 'Karens triggered'.. 😈🤓

jd

I used it when I was in my teens and didn't care for it, and haven't touched it since.
Times have changed. Today I live with constant joint pain, and never have to pass a drug-test.
Pun intended?

I'm 50ish. . . Never have I tried. Not saying I won't in the future. Apparently that is a God given drug compared to the BIG PHARM drugs that I am praying I never need to take.
😂I quit using about the time you started bragging about your big girl panties.

Never touched the stuff and probably never will. I'm in constant pain every day, and have been for years. I've managed my pain by not whining about it, but my wife can see through my act. When I'm hiking up steep hills carrying a bundle of fence posts over my shoulder, tools and a chainsaw, I find that I have to stop and sit down and rest more often.
Even though I say now that I wouldn't touch any dope, I could change my mind some day.

CDB is good, but it is EXPENSIVE! Its better to get a gummy, cut it in half and dissolve it in your hot coffee. You'll still get a bit high, but not stupid stoned. a two month supply of "covert ops" 200MG is 35$ I haven't had a panic attack or a major back crack in months!
However, smoking has its own benefits, it eases ulcer pain by 80% or more, obliterates "sick stomach, and apparently eases COPD! the good news here is two or three bong hits a week is all you need! you need not get baked to enjoy blessed relief!

Ya'll with chronic 'joint pain' (Lol..) - but 'Weedprehension' - should Really look into buying / DIY'ing yer own 'Canna Butter' - as a Balm. :cool:

Sure - it Is the same stuff ya use to make 'Space Cookies' or 'Majik Brownies', etc, but.. as a Balm - it's Wonderfully-affective for even Deep pain - Far better than 'analgesics', IMO / E, and there's No 'high', whatsoever, from rubbing it into the skin. :cool:

If ya Eat it, though, well.. Yah, you'll be as useless as a jellyfish on the couch for a good-bunch of Hours.. o_O You've been warned. ;)

More info, Fwiw: https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/gardening-on-the-dark-side.17168/page-3#post-513324 (Scroll down past all the corny jokes and Emojii-beds.. ;)

jd

Starting to harvest some of our plants and they turned out really good. I am not sure what to do with all of it. I can't legally sell any of it, and it's too much for us.
I still can't believe I literally suffered from this horrible anxiety and panic attacks for so many years until I found this and it made it go away. I can now do things like shop at a crowded walmart on a Saturday without even smoking any.

CDB is good, but it is EXPENSIVE!
Tell me about it! We got some for our dog a couple of times, to try and help with her leg pain. IIRC, it was over $100 for a really little bottle of the (liquid) stuff. I don't know if this was the real cost of it, or if we were scammed by the local "CBD friendly" vet who was reportedly doing different trials with marijuana based things. FWIW, it did not appear to help our dog any, which was a shame. We had high hopes that it might.

It's about 80$ an ounce here, a 50$ bag that has been decarboxylated in light oil or butter, or even pressure cooked in alcohol will get you several ounces of "hash oil" which can be eaten or smoked, and it is a very effective pain killer! Hashbrown is likely the man to see about the exact extraction method.

Starting to harvest some of our plants and they turned out really good. I am not sure what to do with all of it. I can't legally sell any of it, and it's too much for us.
I still can't believe I literally suffered from this horrible anxiety and panic attacks for so many years until I found this and it made it go away. I can now do things like shop at a crowded walmart on a Saturday without even smoking any.
You can make your own CBD products. Jazzy has some recipes. It isn't difficult. Also I am not sure what the legalities are of giving homemade CBD stuff to your friends if you have too much.

I think it was only 2 or 3 cans, but still an effective weapon, lol... :cool:

Found the movie on Tubi or Roku, can't remember which channel, but it was on my streaming stick. 🤔
Tubi, Amazon Prime, Pluto and Youtube (free).

I've never been a fan of Sean Penn, and this is not my kind of movie, but I may search it out and speed through it to find the scene.

CBD is amazing, it helps so much with my daughter's ADHD I can give her a couple drops before bed and she actually is able to go to sleep before 2AM, its the only thing that has ever helped my niece that has epilepsy, and nothing helps my migraines quicker or better, heck before my dad passed I had him and Mama using it to help with pain.

I totally get the not liking the feeling of smoking it. I'm right there with you. But CBD is another story.
You can vape it for a totally different type of "gentle" painkiller type high, then take the "already been vaped" and give it to the family bong user for an intense but short-lived high. Vaping doesn't usually make you gag and cough. decarboxylated into butter or alcohol extracts the pain-killing part of the weed without an extreme high, just a very long-lasting kind of bliss.

I'm a member of the 10% of human society that is a real alcoholic. Our DNA is different, we process alcohol different, but that's a long topic. Trust me, it's been medically proven.
In order to stay a sane, productive, decent person I have to be very very careful about putting ANYTHING in my body that changes the way I feel. At all.
I have taken opioids after major surgery, but as I said I have to be very careful.

I first discovered marijuana while on an infantry base camp deep in Indian Country in Vietnam. Beer was available, but I'm an alcoholic black out pass out drinker, and it almost cost my life one night during a mortar attack. It was pointed out that with just a couple of beers and some Cambodian Red I could get stoned and still be able to function.
So thus began a drug addiction that lasted until 1988.

While I will not argue the benefits of THC or CBD, to me that would mean the end of life as I know it. A real SHTF.

Latest posts

Back