HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
"And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
and who gave that right to me "

...........................................................................Lee Greenwood

Thanks to all the hero's that gave their life for us to enjoy our freedoms ''

MemorialDay2012.jpg

iu

memorialday2018.png

Jim

Thank you to all who have sacrificed their lives in service to this nation, and to their loved ones who carried on knowing that their sacrifice helped ensure the freedom and security we all enjoy. God bless them and God bless America.

This razor strop hangs in my living room, it's my connection to all those who served before me. I don't notice it as often as I should but I do stop sometimes and remember those who served before me and didn't come home. I inherited from my grandfather who didn't serve. He got it from his brother who did in WW1...

I've posted it before, I really need to get a better pic.

US Cavalry.jpg

Bless his heart. I knew some of them. And still have family who are suffering from that VNam war. :huggs::heart:

I have had the privledge to meet some of the guys that served with my dad, and many other Nam Vets. To a man, the guys from the 25th are 100% disabled from their exposure to Agent Orange. The guys that are still alive anyway. A lot of them have already passed from Severe lung issues. And this doesn't even touch on the PTSD issues.

Memorial Day : To honor those who died in battle or died from their wounds from battle
Veteran's Day : Those who served and are still serving their country in the military

18813321_1884953278424301_2913227157574470358_n_zpsc9lgri3u.png

Latest posts

Back