Happy Valentine's Day ...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Frodo you know what i saw at the store when I got off work? Lots of men, young, old, in between, buying flowers, goodies, dinner, wine. It made me kind of sad because there they were, out of whatever in their hearts, wanting to make their honeys happy and I could tell they were nervous. Is this the right bouquet? Will she like this kind of candy? ETC. I know how some guys are, they just want to do the best they can and please their lady. All the pressure...

Funny story about the ladies who worked in the Tower at UT of Austin
The tower is where the accounting and contracts and grants is located . My wife worked their for years
I happened to be on campus on Valentine’s Day researching a bid on a job. I saw a small cookie shop that sold a cookie that looked like a sunflower. It was not little. About 18” long. So I bought 6 flowers to make a cookie bouquet. Then picked my wife up treated her to lunch then dropped her back at the tower
Guys, the ladies in the tower trashed me, talked about me like I was a dawg. You see. Instead of picking up a phone and ordering roses to be delivered I had make the social blunder of a lifetime. I actually took time out of my busy day to spend time with my love
And gave her a bouquet of sunflower cookies

That's lovely- I don't really 'do' chocolates or roses so my husbands been known to buy me a bouquet of Potato chips :)

Latest posts

Back