Has this happened to you!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I do a lot of business with the USPS
And at times I get a feeling it has a few thieves working there

Sometimes a package that is moving through the system smoothly stops moving and just sits. This only happens at a certain distribution center. It sits and tracking says in route to next destination but I have noticed that if you start the claims process it's like magic . The package jumps in a truck and is here the next day I have a package that just came to life last night. I suspect workers think the package contains silver dollars
These challenge coins are the same size as silver dollars.
IMG_0012.jpegIMG_0013.jpeg

I have had packages just sit in one place for several days and then just start moving again.
I don't think the employs are doing it so they can switch things.
It's just they way their tracking system works.
Here's an explanation from USPS.
https://postageguru.com/guides/in-transit-to-next-facility/

I have never had that happen, but first, I don't have that many packages, and second, I don't track them very closely.

I've found that both UPS & FEDex do a pretty good job & we get a LOT of packages. A while back we had one that seemed to stop (from Walmart). As it turned out it almost got here but at the last stop before shipping out to us they found that it had 2 different address labels on it, so back to the company it went. (I heard by the grape vine that stuff like that happens a lot to Walmart shipments). So I reordered it from Amazon.

Mine seem to get hung up in Ft. Worth. Packages can come from all over, no problem, until Ft. Worth! Have a package there now that hasn't moved in two days, I will have to call to light a fire under their rears! And they are notorious for sending packages back, or on long tours of the U.S.!!

Post Office does pretty well, UPS does a good job FedX is pure crap, if you are lucky you may find what was a package on your porch.

I had a Cragar Wheel shipped FX and the box was the shape of the wheel when it got to me, the center cap had scratched the wheel and I got a replacement shipped UPS it looked like it was right off of the shelf.

I tell everyone I buy from not to ship Fed Xpress if they can keep from it.

Some say they only have the one company to pick up so I buy somewhere else next time.

I've had several packages, handled by different carriers, that take a random route to get here to Colorado. One may start off in Florida, take a stop in Kansas, before proceeding to Rhode Island, Arizona, North Dakota, and then Colorado.

Maybe when your package appears "stuck" at a location it's really on one of these country-wide joy rides and the post office is just too embarrassed to publish the details of where it really is.

I've had several packages, handled by different carriers, that take a random route to get here to Colorado. One may start off in Florida, take a stop in Kansas, before proceeding to Rhode Island, Arizona, North Dakota, and then Colorado.

Maybe when your package appears "stuck" at a location it's really on one of these country-wide joy rides and the post office is just too embarrassed to publish the details of where it really is.
I think you are spot on

Post Office does pretty well, UPS does a good job FedX is pure crap, if you are lucky you may find what was a package on your porch.

I had a Cragar Wheel shipped FX and the box was the shape of the wheel when it got to me, the center cap had scratched the wheel and I got a replacement shipped UPS it looked like it was right off of the shelf.

I tell everyone I buy from not to ship Fed Xpress if they can keep from it.

Some say they only have the one company to pick up so I buy somewhere else next time.
I wonder about Fedex. Every package fron them is covered in fine idk dirt. Its like they drove with windows and doors open down a 20 mile dirt road. Son plopped a box on the kitchen table and it left a large mark of dust. Ups Usps package are clean.

I agree 100% fedex
I ordered a brinkman smoker
The truck pulled up in the street in front of my driveway pushed it out the back of the truck and drove off
It was half in the street
I called and gave them hell
Did not change anything

Latest posts

Back