Hello from SoCal

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from near lake Superior..
Beautiful country here, lousy government as the big metro can out vote the rest of the state..
Best wishes..

Thanks! Not sure where I am going yet, although I do want a location not as hot (but not frigid) and neighbors that are at least 1-2 miles away...LOL
Good luck. I hope you have a bag of cash to be able to buy a place big enough to have neighbors 1-2 miles away. My neighbors are 4 miles away. With the high price of land now days, I'd never be able to buy this place now.

Thanks! Not sure where I am going yet, although I do want a location not as hot (but not frigid) and neighbors that are at least 1-2 miles away...LOL
I would not recommend here (the real swamp).
We have tons of great people here who work hard.
But we have gotten visitors to come up with new phrases:
"It's not the heat, it's the damhumidity!"gaah
"This is hotter than hell!"
And we have 'skeeters and gators... but wonderful people:thumbs:.

Good luck. I hope you have a bag of cash to be able to buy a place big enough to have neighbors 1-2 miles away. My neighbors are 4 miles away. With the high price of land now days, I'd never be able to buy this place now.
It is definitely not like it used to be but I have been seeing some great places that are very reasonable. I think you almost have to make 250K or more to buy anything in California so I am happy to be heading out.

It is definitely not like it used to be but I have been seeing some great places that are very reasonable. I think you almost have to make 250K or more to buy anything in California so I am happy to be heading out.
Real estate prices are ridiculous now days. 250k might buy 20 acres in my area. That's bearly enough to raise 1 cow.

Real estate prices are ridiculous now days. 250k might buy 20 acres in my area. That's bearly enough to raise 1 cow.
Yes they are out of control. I don't want to be in the city so rural and remote is my goal. I have requested details for a few properties and am looking forward to getting that information back this week. The most promising one is 31 acres ($98K) with a small lake/large pond, timber, and a natural clearing. I asked for the water test results from 2022 as that will be important for me to make a good decision. The closest "town" is 35 minutes away and the closest large town/city is 2 hours away.

Latest posts

Back