hi from Maine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdwoman

Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
hi, don't know if anyone here is from the earlier homesteading today boards, but I thought I'd come back, take a looksee.

I never taught anyone anything, but enjoyed the people, and what I learned. It also was kind of a socializing thing.
So, hi, I was Sherry in Maine.
Maine is beautiful; winters can be long, but as long as I can take a walk on a snowmobile trail, or snowshoe for a while, it is bearable.
The property tax in my town is way too high, and eventually, I want to sell and go to some place that has lower tax base. It probably still will be in Maine, but who knows?

While we wait for Amish Heart to reply...
I used to have caged birds but no more. Parakeets, love birds, cockatiel. I enjoy bird watching and have been known to drive a few hours to see certain spectacles of birds as they migrate or nest, etc.
I love birds!

We used to breed and raise exotics. Many, many years ago. Now we just have an African Grey (Timneh) that actually found us. He was half starved, barely made it. Very spoiled now and incredible talker, singer, whistler. He shares a room in our atrium with the brooder babies (turkeys, chickens, ducks)...lately 16 ducks. He learned to quack. I love hawks. Have some on our property. Also a pair of great horned owls. Always been a bird lover.

Welcome from Alaska. I looked into property once in Maine but the taxes you mentioned were a deal killer. I had a African Grey once myself, that was one smart bird. We had regular discussions on who sat higher in the tree.

I'm sorry Ms. @Birdwoman ! I haven't been on much lately and I am remiss on greeting you. My bad!
WELCOME56.GIF

Welcome to the forum from somewhere coming soon in North Alabama!

Latest posts

Back