Hi To All That Enter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, woman. Glad you made it. I guess I need to get busy and send the link to more than just you. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this develops! I have a lot of interests in the homesteading trend. While we don't actua,ly homestead we do have a small acerage with chickens and a large raised bed garden. I enjoy canning, jam making, etc.
Hello to my Alabama online friends!!

Patsi, that's great. I live out in what was the country 20 years ago, but sub-divisions are sneaking up on me. I fit more in Country Living, but I sew and crochet, and not have the city around me. You'll have to tell more about those raised beds. I've been thinking of doing that this coming season.

Welcome to the brand new forum, Southern Traditions.

Welcome from me too. Don't be shy in adding to our new home spot.

Hi Angie, this is so wonderful, your avatar looks just like the house we used to own across our road, 100 yes old, I'll take a picture tomorrow.and post it. You'll be surprised

Hi Angie, this is so wonderful, your avatar looks just like the house we used to own across our road, 100 yes old, I'll take a picture tomorrow.and post it. You'll be surprised
I told Angie that I think I've passed that house a dozen times in my wanderings around the country.

I'll love to see it. And invite all the folks you'd like to see here, too. By the way, uploading photos here is easy, and you can even cut from someplace and paste in a message here.
I can't figure out how to post pictures. Having a blonde moment!

I can't figure out how to post pictures. Having a blonde moment!
I'm awful at splain' things but I'll give it whirl. See the "upload a file" button? You can load pics straight pics straight from your hard drive using that. The postcard thingie in the upper blue bar will download pics that are stored on the web.

Of course I haven't had a chance to play with things yet but that's the way it worked on my old forum.

Patsi, that's great. I live out in what was the country 20 years ago, but sub-divisions are sneaking up on me. I fit more in Country Living, but I sew and crochet, and not have the city around me. You'll have to tell more about those raised beds. I've been thinking of doing that this coming season.
I'll be happy to tell you about the raised beds, at least what we've learned. I'll put it over on the garden area though. As for myself we live in SE Okla where we we raised 3 healthy kids who stayed in the dry creek bottom or out in the yard. They have given us 8 grandkids 4 girls, 4 boys. We have a small acerage where we garden and have a chickens, a cat and dog or 2. I enjoy canning, jam making, I'm a novice crocheted and enjoy music. I help with music in our church.

I'll be happy to tell you about the raised beds, at least what we've learned. I'll put it over on the garden area though. As for myself we live in SE Okla where we we raised 3 healthy kids who stayed in the dry creek bottom or out in the yard. They have given us 8 grandkids 4 girls, 4 boys. We have a small acerage where we garden and have a chickens, a cat and dog or 2. I enjoy canning, jam making, I'm a novice crocheted and enjoy music. I help with music in our church.

Gardening area will be perfect. Thanks.

Angie, I don't see a gardening ares unless I'm missing it. Where should I post?

I think she needs to add one. She seems to try to do that stuff in the evening when things are quieter.

Howdy folks. Those of you who know me I've been building Dutchland from an old 52 acre piece of timber land in extreme N. FLORIDA. I'm really looking forward to being here. Thnx.

And Angie. I signed in as DUTCHS not sure why my name is there. Can you please change it to DUTCHS?

Howdy folks. Those of you who know me I've been building Dutchland from an old 52 acre piece of timber land in extreme N. FLORIDA. I'm really looking forward to being here. Thnx.

And Angie. I signed in as DUTCHS not sure why my name is there. Can you please change it to DUTCHS?

Hi Dutchs. If you put your name in as user you'll need to go back and change it in your profile by taking your given name off and putting Dutch there and saving it.

Welcome neighbor. Are you East, West or Mid? I'm SE AL.

Latest posts

Back