Hi To All That Enter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reality is, most of us will get there. What we do with that is solely up to us. We can whine and moan about it or we can meet it head on. I decided a long time ago to meet it head on.

I like you Robin. I'm a meet it head on person too..
It ain't gonna get any better ignoring it.
Thank you sir.

If you're going to be miserable about it then why stick around? I really have trouble being around people like that. I'd tell you ask my FIL but he's gone now about how I'd pick up and leave when he started.

I'm working on keeping my Dad living until he dies. He has so many projects he wants to do, and his body just is not working as it use to.
Keep him busy. That's the it to life period. Obviously we all need rest but keep rocking while you ain't resting
It's awesome you are there for him....

I'm working on keeping my Dad living until he dies. He has so many projects he wants to do, and his body just is not working as it use to.
Had to grin at the first sentence. I mean, how true can on simple statement be?

They say that's why so many men don't live after the first full year after they retire.

Coming over from PS...because of Jim. Am 55, so am I a youngen? Ha. My body doesn't feel like one. Mom of 5 and grandma of 8...we live in New Mexico currently but hope to move next year to a small farm we have in Kansas, where our family lives. They are mostly Amish/Mennonite, so hence the name. I'm a prepper, canner, gardener, raise chickens, turkeys, love to cook, embroider, shoot, ham radio (but just a tech). Raising two of our grandkids, 12 yr old twins. Not easy most times, as my husband has some pretty big health problems. Still work full time, own a preschool. You all seem like friendly folk! Loving the MLK quote, and I use it all the time: Judge people by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

Coming over from PS...because of Jim. Am 55, so am I a youngen? Ha. My body doesn't feel like one. Mom of 5 and grandma of 8...we live in New Mexico currently but hope to move next year to a small farm we have in Kansas, where our family lives. They are mostly Amish/Mennonite, so hence the name. I'm a prepper, canner, gardener, raise chickens, turkeys, love to cook, embroider, shoot, ham radio (but just a tech). Raising two of our grandkids, 12 yr old twins. Not easy most times, as my husband has some pretty big health problems. Still work full time, own a preschool. You all seem like friendly folk! Loving the MLK quote, and I use it all the time: Judge people by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin.

AH,
I hope you still feel right at home here ...we just couldn't live over there ..it was like renting....so we moved to our own place , WE all own it now.
We can fix it up the way we want it...it's ours.:cool::cool::D:D

Welcome @Amish Heart. I always thought you were about 25 year old. ;) Maybe you're 25 at heart.

Now thats the way to do it...just right out in front of everybody... suck up ...:D:D

Well im a farmer/prepper from nh. Im also a transplant from Prepared Society. Im digging this forum already! Very nice job folks!

Red, I do believe , for an atheist;):D...you will fit in just fine here.. gonna be like home again ..just settle in give us a little time to work out all the bugs.

and it will be great.

Welcome and thanks to each and every one of you.

Jim

Jim, have you read the Going Home books by A. (Angery) American. AA really knows stuff and while those books are fiction AA puts a lot of good knowledge in there.
AA is Chris Weatherman and he and some other Survival people I read are at the FL Prep group this weekend.
Angie, that series is probably my favorite apocalyptic fiction. I've read the series so many times, and each time I learn something else! I'm glad to know the name behind the pseudonym so I can watch for him at prep meetings near me.

He hangs around with Steven C Bird, C. G. Cooper, Franklin Horton And some others. I've become FB friends with them. In the Going Home series, I've read about 5 or 6 times. I'm on Enforcing Home again. And AA is writing book 9 on the series.

He hangs around with Steven C Bird, C. G. Cooper, Franklin Horton And some others. I've become FB friends with them. In the Going Home series, I've read about 5 or 6 times. I'm on Enforcing Home again. And AA is writing book 9 on the series.

He needs to write faster. I'm getting impatient for the next book. How could he leave us hanging with Sarge's guys being attacked???:LOL:

I was wondering what was going on when UJ PM'd me. I just haven't been on the other forum very much since the format changed. The first clue something was seriously wrong was the thread about you and Austin being gone. Has anyone contacted Grimm?

Latest posts

Back