How Long until Christmas?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you get the lights to the top of the pole?
I made the flag pole so it pivots at the base, I add the 9' "topper" to the top of the flag pole and then swing the whole works up into place. This year I did it all by my self! Here you can see the topper in the Christmas tree base I use for storage, you can also see the flag pole laying in the horizontal position running up the sidewalk...
PXL_20221211_213200429.jpg

It's all in the planning! I am just happy to have it working again.
Tree Card.jpg

I made the flag pole so it pivots at the base, I add the 9' "topper" to the top of the flag pole and then swing the whole works up into place. This year I did it all by my self! Here you can see the topper in the Christmas tree base I use for storage, you can also see the flag pole laying in the horizontal position running up the sidewalk...View attachment 101013

It's all in the planning! I am just happy to have it working again.
View attachment 101015
Thank you! I learned something new!

Only four days... wow, this holiday season is moving right along, but I'm enjoying it! The winter solstice is today, right? So our days should start getting longer, which is good, as these short winter days tend to make one run out of daylight while doing things outside. Hope y'all hunker down for the big storm headed your way, looks like many of you will be having a White Christmas! Here, not so much, unless I go to the nearby mountains, but I'll probably just hang out at home and enjoy a big ol' Christmas Ham with all the trimmings! No more turkey this year, lol... I found some yams in sweet syrup and bought a couple of fairly large cans, I haven't had yams in a while so they should be pretty darned good! :D

Funny thing, I saw some 40-oz. cans of Chef Boyardee 'Beefaroni' marked down to a QUARTER the other day on a clearance rack, so I grabbed four cans of that cr@p to throw in a cupboard. I would've grabbed the dozen cans that were left, but I thought the $.25 price tags were an error, and I didn't wanna schlep 'em all up to the register just to be told they were actually $2.50 or whatever. Now, I'm no big Chef Boyardee fan, but a QUARTER for 40-oz. cans of 'Beefaroni?' Figured I couldn't go wrong at that price, and they did indeed ring up as $.25 each, lol. What the heck, I can always eat that cr@p when I'm drunk, lol... HEALTH FOOD, don'tcha know? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! But hey, a QUARTER each!!! :woo hoo:

P.S. Compared to Aarrrrrghmy C-rations, Chef Boyardee cr@p is GOURMET FARE, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :brewing:

Last edited:
well it is Christmas down under so a merry Christmas to those of you on the near side of the dateline.
In case I don't get on tomorrow, I wish each and all of you Health, Wealth, and Happiness for the season and the coming year.

The star at the top of my flagpole Christmas Tree has died, this weekend I have made a new frame for one using some PVC pipe, a 5/16" threaded rod, a 3" wooden ball, and 5/16" dowels. It's not perfect (I had trouble drilling the holes precisely enough for my taste) but it should convey the intent. The next steps will be painting and adding lights. Here are the to "star" together, the plastic one on the right is dry rotted and falling apart (it's about 20 years old).
PXL_20230115_130936391.jpg

Goal is to have it completed by next Thanks Giving because we only have 343 days till Christmas!

The star at the top of my flagpole Christmas Tree has died, this weekend I have made a new frame for one using some PVC pipe, a 5/16" threaded rod, a 3" wooden ball, and 5/16" dowels. It's not perfect (I had trouble drilling the holes precisely enough for my taste) but it should convey the intent. The next steps will be painting and adding lights. View attachment 102757
Goal is to have it completed by next Thanks Giving because we only have 343 days till Christmas!
You can do it!!😃 And thanks for the count, Ladylocust should be ashamed of herself for not keeping up with her job!!😉😁

Latest posts

Back