how much goat milk to feed orphan babies at one feeding

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

judy mayes

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Would like some advice on how much raw goat milk you can give per feeding to newborn babies wonddering if it can cause digestive problems

Judy

Last edited:
I've never bottle fed but I have had to hold a doe to make her feed her kid. I let them feed until their bellies are firm. Over eating can make them sick.

I've never bottle fed but I have had to hold a doe to make her feed her kid. I let them feed until their bellies are firm. Over eating can make them sick.

We did not have any doe's so it was the 16 ounce coke bottles with nipples. We would feed about every 4 hours or so. They sure did love to see us kids headed their way with that pail full of coke bottles. Never lost a lamb or a sheep until we got a dog that loved to roll the sheep. It killed a couple before we found out what was happening, Funny, my dad took the dog for a walk and it never came back. I think my dad was carrying his pistol at the time. Never lost another critter after that walk.

Latest posts

Back