How to Get Rid of Ticks in Your Yard: A Complete Guide [2022]

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a tick removal team patrolling my yard, all the ticks they can eat, and fresh water available.
They also clean up the feeding station of any loose food the community cats spill.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 7.35.02 AM.png

https://animals.sandiegozoo.org/animals/opossum

Yep, got another tick last night. Sat in my chair a few more minutes but couldn't stand the though... So, i got yet another shower. Maybe they went down the drain.

This time of year the ticks are tiny, nymphs. Can't see their tiny legs even with my 2x readers. When they are that small i can't feel them crawling. When they get a little bigger then i can feel them and catch them before they bite.

I use sulphur all spring, summer, fall!! Granular for snakes, powder on me and the critters!!
Thanks Pearl! I gotta get some. We got a few stray cats that we have been capturing and getting fixed. And I know they have ticks with being in the woods hunting. Plus with the chickens I just wasnt sure. Do you just spread the dust around in your yard? Do you get yours at the farm store?

Thanks Pearl! I gotta get some. We got a few stray cats that we have been capturing and getting fixed. And I know they have ticks with being in the woods hunting. Plus with the chickens I just wasnt sure. Do you just spread the dust around in your yard? Do you get yours at the farm store?
I get granular sulphur at my feed store. I put in a spreader and spread it around the house, yards, sheds, pool. That also takes care of chiggers.

Latest posts

Back