I got 56.7%...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's fairly accurate for me. I eat pretty good but raised a beef calf last year, have chickens... and cook most things from scratch.

The price jump still hurts, even when just buying staples like flour, rice, beans, oil.. buying some produce, fresh greens, onions. Have to buy some meats, bacon, baloney, sausage. Still, I pay $200 and the cart isn't even full! 🤬

Last edited:
It's fairly accurate for me. I eat pretty good but raised a beef calf last year, have chickens... and cook most things from scratch.

The price jump still hurts, even when just buying staples like flour, rice, beans, oil.. buying some produce, fresh greens, onions. Have to buy some meats, bacon, baloney, sausage. Still, I pay $200 and the cart isn't even full! 🤬
See how

How did you do?

52.7% for me

51.15 %
I put what we are buying at the moment since it is still cold and our milk goat still needs to have her kids

thanks biden :mad:

I think he is doing everything he can to produce as much oil in the US right now as possible to keep prices for gas reasonable, but if he gets reelected they will go up to over $5 a gallon again

Thanks for the link, I got 51.9% increase. I need to share that link with the wife so she will understand why the bills are higher.

The sad part is, I don't expect the prices to go back down regardless of who's in power. But, they could rise at a slower rate...

I don't buy much at a grocery store, but per the Biden regime grocery store food was more than double that south of the 49th. the left tard government taxes the crap out of people here, but for research purposes I will try the link

I am curious to see if it is as bad in Australia or the UK or Canada.

I don't buy much at a grocery store, but per the Biden regime grocery store food was more than double that south of the 49th. the left tard government taxes the crap out of people here, but for research purposes I will try the link
We are almost double your prices on most things. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Yesterday at the store I spent $36 for

1 gal milk
1 lb butter
1 onion
120 gm cheese

I am curious to see if it is as bad in Australia or the UK or Canada.
I'm here in Oz...and...yes...it is. One tempering influence is our domestic oil/nat gas and the food we grow are more than our 26M need. Still...we have to go with the Spot Price...unless the oil industry is nationalised...but, then again...the gov't would most likely sell it to us by Spot Price!!!

We are almost double your prices on most things. You ain't seen nothing yet.

Yesterday at the store I spent $36 for

1 gal milk
1 lb butter
1 onion
120 gm cheese
You had me curious so I looked since I have my receipts with me today. I don't buy onions and I buy in bulk so I checked grocery store prices - as follows
1 gal milk $4.99
1 lb butter $4.99
1 onion $1.12
~1/4 lb cheese $2.00 (not sure on the weight but did gram to lb conversion, about $8/lb)
Total = $13.10

48.78 for me. Not surprised. That's pretty much what the bill looks like..... around 50% more than before.

I had a major health hiccup last year so for the past year my husband has been doing the grocery shopping and he is generous with the snacks and cookies. I think I would have cut things a little closer to the bone.

Forgot to say. Look at my avatar. $625 ($405 USD) a week. Three years ago it was $305 ($198 USD)........

Yes, I knew, or strongly suspected, you were from Australia, but I didn't see the numbers. Thanks for sharing. I hope Magpie responds. I believe she is in Ireland now.

51.15 %
I put what we are buying at the moment since it is still cold and our milk goat still needs to have her kids

thanks biden :mad:

I think he is doing everything he can to produce as much oil in the US right now as possible to keep prices for gas reasonable, but if he gets reelected they will go up to over $5 a gallon again
You must have Biden mixed up with someone else. Biden has shut down pipelines and most drilling. If we're smart enough to reelect Trump, we can expect gasoline to drop down to less than $2.00 per gallon. And the cost of everything else will drop accordingly. If we let Biden get reelected, gas will probably go up to $10+ and everything will most likely double.

Latest posts

Back