I got bit by a Copperhead!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pearl

Finder of lost things AND The Boss
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Picture of my leg coming soon! Happened about an hour ago! Large male, I jumped back fast enough so as the fangs didn't make full contact! Got hit above the ankle. Red swollen leg, VERY painful at bite. Feel kind of numb all over and not quite right!! Updates as the evening unfolds! I will be ok!

I'm sure you are already at the hospital. That is nothing to fool around with. Probably not life threatening, but you may be laid up for a while. Prayers going out for a quick recovery, which usually takes 2-4 weeks. 🤞

Last edited:
My grandmother bitten on hand by copperhead years ago. Hospital iced her for 6 hours and sent home. My 11 year old daughter bitten on big toe by copperhead. Had a severe reaction and was life flighted to Texas Children’s in Houston from Madison county hospital. Flushed her with 2 IV fluids running for 3 days in PICU. She wears shoes outdoors now. My 4 year old but by hog nose snake and had to have a tetanus shot

No hospital or docs, took a couple of Loratadine (Clariton) and a Prednisone right after posting! Swelling went way down with the Prednisone! My eyes are blurry, have a headache, swollen glands, pain at the sight and that whole leg! He didn't get a good bite! Will try to post the picture taken 20 minutes after, looks better now! Copperheads are not a death sentence! Just thought I'd post for all of my southern frieds here, not a nice experience!

IMG_20231008_163355345.jpg

Sorry for the gross fat leg picture! It swelled up fast and got red! Looks a lot better now! Not feeling great, will update again shortly!

prayers for ya pearl...

if you didnt go to vet on this you wear kevlar panties and are hard boiled and pickled...you need tagline says...TOUGH CHIC !

Many prayers in fact !!

@Pearl isn’t feeling the greatest but she doesn’t feel the worst.
She said she has known enough other people that have been bitten by copperheads and she is doing what they have done.
I’m not inclined to go to an ER either but I probably would for a copper or rattler.
Pearl knows she didn’t get a full blast of the venom.

@Pearl isn’t feeling the greatest but she doesn’t feel the worst.
She said she has known enough other people that have been bitten by copperheads and she is doing what they have done.
I’m not inclined to go to an ER either but I probably would for a copper or rattler.
Pearl knows she didn’t get a full blast of the venom.
Thank you for the update Patch. (Just saw this thread.)

Latest posts

Back