I got bit by a Copperhead!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's try this from another direction. Pearl what would be your advice for a member who was bitten by a copperhead snake? Should they
get checked out at the ER or no?
I'm obviously not Pearl but...
1-Kill the damn snake.
2-pour bleach into the bite.
3-tourniket, release pressure every ten minutes.
4-Apply snake bite kit to draw out as much venom as possible.
5-Head to the ER!

Morning report! Swelling is way down!! No serious pain, and my leg is not as red! Still have a headache, but my vision is better! The puncture marks are not deep, he did not get a good bite! Most of the venom went on the feed shed floor. I will take the day off and rest and elevate my leg! Will report in throughout the day. I think it's safe to have some coffee!!

Benadryl?

That's what I treated my sheep dog with about ten years ago. Nasty rattlesnake bite on his hind ankle. His leg swelled out so much was compressing his junk, but a couple days later swelling went down and he fully recovered in a couple of weeks...

Morning report! Swelling is way down!! No serious pain, and my leg is not as red! Still have a headache, but my vision is better! The puncture marks are not deep, he did not get a good bite! Most of the venom went on the feed shed floor. I will take the day off and rest and elevate my leg! Will report in throughout the day. I think it's safe to have some coffee!!
Have a cold Bourbon on me!

Benadryl?

That's what I treated my sheep dog with about ten years ago. Nasty rattlesnake bite on his hind ankle. His leg swelled out so much was compressing his junk, but a couple days later swelling went down and he fully recovered in a couple of weeks...
That's what is in our snakebite kits! In case of a serious snakebite it's one Benadryl, one Tramadol, one Prednisone right away, dog or human! I took Loratadine (Claritin) because I don't like Benadryl. Took a Prednisone later, it helped a lot, no Tramadol!

IMG_20231009_063525925~3.jpg

The leg is way down this morning from the giant red balloon it was yesterday!! Thought Caribou and Bacpacker would like to see another sexy leg picture!;🤪

Good that you are taking the day off! Ugh, that bite!

Might be a good place to get a tattoo someday. When children are being assessed for highly gifted and talented programs, they are given a page of circles to work with to show things that are made with circles, such as a clock, wheels, eye glasses, bicycles, etc. Hmmmm. What could you do with those two marks?

Good that you are taking the day off! Ugh, that bite!

Might be a good place to get a tattoo someday. When children are being assessed for highly gifted and talented programs, they are given a page of circles to work with to show things that are made with circles, such as a clock, wheels, eye glasses, bicycles, etc. Hmmmm. What could you do with those two marks?
Hopefully they go away!

Some snake venom can affect you even if it just gets on your skin. Coral snakes can be fatal even if they never pierce your skin. Their venom gets on your skin & gets into your system.

I'm glad the swelling is down and that you're feeling better, but please at least consult a doctor. And again, if you start to feel worse, please seek help.

Would soaking in a tub with Epsom salt help?

Latest posts

Back