Intermittent fasting

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Just getting into this after one week doing carnivore. It is much easier than I thought it would be. First I went to two meals a day and now it has been 26 hours since I last ate anything. Not hungry at all. Before dumping all the carbs I would have been pulling everyone else's hair out.

I feel great since starting. Off my diabetes meds since my blood sugars got down to 73. I have dropped 6 pounds this week.

Today I gave away all my canned food to a young needy couple. I am not going back to the old way of eating.

People think it is expensive but I did this week on less than one meal a day at McDonald's.

Yes it has been all strictly meat. I do take a few vitamins.

A guy in Canada went from 610 pounds to 248 in two years. I don't have that much to lose but wow!

Before doing this I watched and read s lot from these three doctors.

Dr Jason Fung
Dr Ken Berry
Dr Eric Berg

Just Google them and you can learn for yourself.

BTW... Pork ribs and roast are awesome.

I have been cutting back on my food since September. Down a total of 67 pounds. I eat pretty much what I want just not as much as I used to. Right now I limit my input to around 1500 calories a day and that seems to be where I need to eat to lose weight.
A big thing that helped me was weighing my food and keeping track of the calories.
https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
This web site is really good for tracking and there are some helpful people in the community boards.
Fasting never worked for me. In fact I do just the opposite. I eat 6 small meals a day, I just control how much. I make sure to get enough fats so I don't feel hungry.
Weight loss is all calories in verses calorie out. You reduce calories below what you burn and you will lose weight.
I started with Keto and quickly realized it was not for me. I knew there was no way I could eat like that for the rest of my life. I just eat less and I know I can do that forever.
What ever works for you is good for you.

Last edited:
I haven't done much fasting. Dinner to breakfast is as far as I got, but I should give it a try.
Give dinner to lunch a try. I don't usually want to eat when I first get up so waiting two extra hours or more isn't too bad. The more carbs I have with dinner the hungrier I am in the morning.

Latest posts

Back