Is prepping dead? or just prepping forums?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And to continue your point, think of the people that were completely 'un-prepped', that came to the forum, read stuff every day for 3 years, and got themselves prepped to the Max. Why would they hang around after that?
...Besides our adorable personality:heart:.
What is this "prepped to the Max" you speak of?

As we have posted many times before, prepping is a journey, not a destination.

That brings up a good point J. Perhaps many(?) of the folks who have been on forums across the board have come to the conclusion that it’s go time and they need to start doing rather than just typing/talking. One can hope right?

As time goes by, I continue to have expanded negative issues with concept prepping. I become more haunted each day with the floundering evolution of concept prepping, or prepper.

Carl Marx's said, "Religion is the opium of the masses". It feels to me like "prepping" has become the opium of fabricated "??????".

It bothers me that prepping has become hundreds, maybe thousands of snake oil salesmen. There is a way. Just as there is God. I am confused why I see things, in current prepping concepts, that others don't. Or perhaps do see, but fear being the child who shouts, "the emperor has no clothing".

.."Religion is the opium of the masses". It feels to me like "prepping" has become the opium of fabricated "??????".

Today, there are Many 'Religions' (ie: Social Media, for one.. :rolleyes:) and Many "gods" (ie: the 'Like'.. and No, I am Not trolling for Yours, rn.. :) Just an observation..) and Certainly, "prepping"can fall into one of those two 'whirlpools' - If you Let It. 🤔

As always, with Everything in Life - Balance. :cool: A thousand guns, and a million rounds - but No 1st / 2nd / 3rd-order Sources of - clean / cleanAble Water - does Not for-Salvation make. (and even Then, 'salvation' is relative)

Certainly, You are one of the Few who Well-know this - because you Live it, Now. That's One of the 'keys' to success, here.

jd

As we have posted many times before, prepping is a journey, not a destination.
For the really hard core preppers, yes. For someone that only wants to be "prepared", not necessarily. For the super dedicated, there will always be a new thing to prep for that comes up after the other things they have prepped for have been handled. It is indeed never ending. For the non-super preppers who are satisfied with being merely "prepared", there can be an endpoint where they have all the food, water, ammo, medical supplies, etc. that they require for the, say, six months that they have decided they are targeting. At that point I do not consider them actively prepping, but rather being in maintenance mode where they rotate their stock, etc.

I think I have my answer: The internet is dead. Or will be in a matter of months.

Short version. Everyone is still there...probably....its just that the internet has become so terrible, everyone is bunkered down. Which is what some of you suggested. The rest of you are probably not even humans ;)

...Short version. Everyone is still there...probably... The rest of you are probably not even humans

Excellent vid / posit. Lots of solid points, well presented.. And he's Spot On.. o_O Three comments:

a) Heh - Coming Soon to a Theater near you: CAPTCHAgeddon: Turing Puzzles Save the World from Skynet ;)

..The 'squiggly' / pixel-blown out Text ones are annoying (same with the 'click on all the [Item] in this photo' - that make you do like 50x of 'em.. :rolleyes:) but I do like the ones that, say, make you 'drag the image-piece to complete the photo puzzle', or 'Find all the [Items] with [x] characteristic in common', etc.. Quick / easy to 'solve' and Ya, "AI" isn't going to master Those anytime soon... But Someday, they likely will (thru 'visual inputs / analysis of other's Output', somehow) and Then we'll be in trouble..

Why do I feel like 'Laser Barcode-Tattoo Human-Authentication' is coming, tho (one way or another..) o_O

b) Liked the guys 'Nod to old-school James Hatfield' aesthetic.. ;)

c) Hah! My 'Algorithmically-Incoherent' emojii-laden 💩-posting style for the Win! 😇 I guess that's how I can 'suss the Bots' (the posters who say 'I can't Understand your post! English, please!' 🤣

The more you get out of the system, the more work you find you need to.... Get to work everyone!

Amen. My favorite quip is my youngest Son's 'digital backhand' on his Instagram page: 'Get off my page stop wasting your time go and outside.' 😄 Datz My Boy.. 😍

..and with that, I'm outta here to go cook fish with Daughter. :cool:

jd

Last edited:
c) Hah! My 'Algorithmically-Incoherent' emojii-laden 💩-posting style for the Win! 😇 I guess that's how I can 'suss the Bots' (the posters who say 'I can't Understand your post! English, please!' 🤣
I was honestly thinking of you in that part of the video. First thing that came to my mind was "Now there is a technical name for what is wrong with that guy"

Latest posts

Back