Is there a AMAZON.com "FORUM" for sniveling or advise.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Pretty much all in the title. If I owned any Amazon Stock, I would sell. If it dropped 21% the last earnings report, I would expect Jan. earnings to be not good.

I can say this with all assurances their delivery times have gotten insanely slow. Things I ordered on Dec 22 haven't even shipped yet and I am a prime member so supposed to get it inside of two days not two months.

I also ordered a few items a few weeks ago, and still waiting for my delivery. Honestly, I can't wait for them to go out of business. I have two relatives who worked for them. They quit, since they treat employees like slaves who have horrid stories of their working conditions.

I haven't had any problems. Worst case is I get it in 3 days. Who's the carrier (UPS, USPS, FedEx)?
When placing the order, it tells you when it "should" arrive. Some sellers on Amazon are overseas so it takes longer (but again, they tell you).

I put in several orders since the 22nd and they all said they would be here within three days when ordered but now they are still waiting to be shipped. I always check the delivery est. before ordering since some things don't matter and can go slower and cheaper but when I need things in a hurry I make sure they say they will be delivered in 2-3 days. Which they use to be good about honoring, not so much anymore.

Many people have quit Amazon, because Bezos doesn't need any more money! And why hasn't anyone else started a similar business? It is better to support small businesses and to seek other places to make purchases. I know that sometimes we might pay more, or have to do more research to find what we are looking for.

Leading up to Christmas and a week or two after is always an incredibly busy time for places like Amazon. I should have taken a photo of the billboard, but I was driving on the freeway, so I didn't. It said Amazon was hiring, no interview needed. They must have their internal warehouse security well monitored because what about all the homeless druggies that are camped about a mile from some of their warehouses?

I drive by and see an Amazon warehouse a few times a week. I house sit in a couple of houses where when I go out onto their decks/back porches, I can see an Amazon warehouse, just a couple blocks away. I could walk there. Their warehouses are like their packages, white with blue trim.

One of the options when ordering on Amazon is to do a warehouse pick up. I know @Sourdough that is not an option for you, and not for most people, but I have considered doing this as a way to protect more expensive items that I might order, such as a generator, instead of having them delivered and having a porch pirate take it.

Where I live it's an hour one way to a Walmart or box store so Ebay and amazon are the best option for us. The only stores within 20 miles are Food Lion and Dollar General plus gas stations.

I sent a video game to my granddaughter. It arrived in Spanish. I told her it was a great opportunity to learn Spanish and play video games. She was not amused. Her mom found the game in a store. So I did a return request with a refund not reship. Wouldn't you know they reshipped. Now my DIL has to return both games from Amazon.

When I order, yes, it will tell you when to expect delivery. Problem is, once you push the "buy" button and check out, you will beginning to receive notices saying "due to unforeseen circumstances" BS, along with delivery days that are weeks out, not days out.

Here is my latest order...

Hello,
Thank you for shopping with us. We’ll send a confirmation when your items ship.
Your purchase has been divided into 3 orders.
Order 1 of 3

Order############

Arriving:
Tuesday, January 3 -
Friday, January 6

#######​
Ship to:
Me
Everywhere, CA

Order Total:
$160.55

mail
Order 2 of 3

Order ###########

Arriving:
Tuesday, January 3 -
Monday, January 9

####​
Ship to:
Me
Everywhere, CA

Order Total:
$70.03

mail
Order 3 of 3

Order###########

Arriving:
Tuesday, January 3

###​
Ship to:
Me
Everywhere, CA

Order Total:
$72.09

mail

We hope to see you again soon.
Crapazon.com

All of these orders were guaranteed 3 day delivery, and ordered on 12/28/22. I'm still waiting for most of the items

Last edited:
Didn't realize we could pick stuff up at the warehouse, we have one close by us as well.
The 2 day shipping is non existent anymore.

Didn't realize we could pick stuff up at the warehouse, we have one close by us as well.
The 2 day shipping is non existent anymore.
Yes, when you are checking out, it will give you one of three options: 1. deliver to your address, 2. deliver to an Amazon locker of your location choice, 3. Pick up at the warehouse.

Picking up at the warehouse is a great choice if you are close enough to use that option.

When it was just raining in our area my Amazon page had this big message at the top "Delivery times reflect delays due to weather". Now that it's near-blizzard conditions, that message is gone. IMHO, Amazon needs to limit the "Prime" listings to ones that will get there in 2 days, and re-label the rest to "free shipping" so we know the difference :(

Weird thing is there's now a warehouse the next town over from work, so I've got a ton of stuff available for same day delivery there, but my house a 20 minute drive south is lucky to get stuff in 3 days :rolleyes:

I drive close to the Amazon warehouse I mentioned earlier, and it is not close to my house. One day I was working out in the yard and I got an Amazon delivery of something I had ordered. I asked the driver which warehouse she drives for? The one that is miles away from me, but that I drive by several times a week. That must be my designated warehouse.

It always amazes me to see where my packages go.
Some go from Oregon to Tennessee back to Oregon then to Spokane or Seattle then finally to the town close by then to me.
The original shipping location to my house is less than a 3 hour drive.
I think in the not to distant future we will see Amazon distribution warehouses all over the place.
I read that Amazon was looking at empty malls to use so people could pick up their packages.
I would like that option just so I could remove the PO from the delivery.

There are times I wish there was an alternative to Amazon. Thing is, I really hate to go out to stores. They're peopley, noisy, and they always have some sort of stupid noise someone thought was music playing over the speakers. I've turned right around and left stores when I walk in only to be hit in the face with rap, even if I needed something. Plus there's not a lot of selection in our little town, so I have to drive an hour to the city for the bigger stores.
Amazon just makes it so much easier. I can do my shopping from my chair, no money or time spent on driving, and no stupid overhead noise. I do dislike supporting Bezos, but it's the consequence of my desire to stay home.

They will even deliver to your door for $12.99 a month or $100 a year.
NOT to ALASKA. And not even with-in Anchorage, Alaska to people who live in Anchorage, Alaska.

Just went and checked my Amazon account to see when I could expect the rest of the stuff I ordered back on the 22nd of Dec. and it still hasn't shipped. I sure wish there was somewhere else to order from and get deliveries from in a reasonable timeframe.

I wonder if it's a certain area of the country? I haven't had any issues with delays in shipping. I ordered a big electrical heater for the shop building and it came in five days; I ordered filters for my Mom's humidifier on the 31st and they were in her mailbox today, a day earlier than promised.

So, this thread quickly evolved into delays in shipping times. I am dealing with a $403.00 merchant dispute. I was hoping to find a forum that delt with offering a wide range of issues with Amazon, and ways to resolve them.

Good luck, Sourdough. I've not seen anything like that, or even some sort of external mediation. I know when I've tried to get help with something Amazon based, it means hours of digging through the small print at the bottom of the page, and then all you get is a bot.

Good luck, Sourdough. I've not seen anything like that, or even some sort of external mediation. I know when I've tried to get help with something Amazon based, it means hours of digging through the small print at the bottom of the page, and then all you get is a bot.
I have got as far as the second level of customer service. But there is a wall above that. So I have launched a counterattack. It will take time.

Reactions: Neb
Amazon customer support phone number is 1-888-280-4331.
I have called them a few time and they have always took care of my issues.
I have been with Amazon for 12 years, and likely have a few hundred contacts with customer service, and it was always resolved, up to this issue.

So, this thread quickly evolved into delays in shipping times. I am dealing with a $403.00 merchant dispute. I was hoping to find a forum that delt with offering a wide range of issues with Amazon, and ways to resolve them.
I have looked for such a thing today, and haven't found it. When I was selling books on Ebay's now shuttered Half.com, their book store, there was a forum there, but this doesn't help you.

Latest posts

Back