It's a great day in South Carolina...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine

Just your average ninja
Neighbor
It really almost always is! Hi everyone,I'm Dawn, from SC. We just bought 1 acre in the country and are planning this as our forever home.

Our long term goal is to have goats, chickens, and rabbits and to use every square inch if space productivily while be as self sustaining as our lifestyle permits.

We have 2 older children in college, 1 graduating HS this year, a 7 yo and a 2 yo ( former Micro-Preemie)

We just recently laid the foundation for a woods style chicken coop and are following the plans in the book by P. Woods. Hoping to buy 6 hens this spring and maybe add some more to the flock next year . If we can handle pullets and chicks we may do that in the future as well. I dont really want a rooster though so I doubt we will ever have brooders .

Goats I'd like are the dwarf variety but not even starting on their housing and area till fall of 2019. If we do decide on rabbits possibly by next spring. Idk so many things I want to do!

Oh and we are planting a bug ole pumpkin patch this year because I want lots of pumpkins this fall. And Gourds and loufa!!

When I'm not cooking up new "homestead" projects I like to crochet, game, and cook. I just started quilting and would like to learn to see clothes. :)

Hello and
welcome.gif
aboard.

Good evening and welcome from Clifton Tennessee! It's good to meet you and you have a most excellent introduction. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Just remember that plans can change as you learn.
Enjoy your stay!
BTW, that's a beautiful baby in your avatar!

Good evening and welcome from Clifton Tennessee! It's good to meet you and you have a most excellent introduction. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Just remember that plans can change as you learn.
Enjoy your stay!
BTW, that's a beautiful baby in your avatar!

Thank you!!! He's our little miracle . He was born 16 weeks premature and only weighed 590 grams.

Now he's a fiesty 2 year old.

Hi Dawn,

We are so happy to have you join us and our little forum. We have a great bunch of people here and a lot of farm folk so you will fall right in. Keep your dreams alive and they will all come true in time. Pull up a chair and join in anytime. Again, thanks for joining.
:great:

Tommy from the land of solar sun and eternal heat............Az.

Latest posts

Back