Jakes CJ7 build

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@hashbrown
Hubby is still arguing with his jeep. The electronic fuel injection system (sniper) is not telling the jeep that there’s fuel. It’s getting fuel but not sparking?
Any wise words?
(New coil in it but not new points)
I really don’t, wish I did. I had Holley Projection years ago. I really don’t remember much about it

It passed inspection with ease. They put it on the rack and give it a hard going over but didn’t find any issues. Most everything is new though
Do you really have to have your cars inspected? A friend of mine just had a car inspected by DMV and the Troopers but he manufactured it and had to provide receipts for all the parts.

When I had that issue, we measured the pressure at the injectors, and it donned on us that the only logical issue was the electric fuel pump going out.
New fuel pump but he’s not measured pressure at the injectors. In telling him this, I’m getting more information: new coils but old distributor.

So, I’ve been teaching Jake to drive the Jeep. It drives like a Jeep and the kid has been having a hard time in traffic in town on hills and nothing is flat here. I don’t have but a couple of months to teach him to really drive. He made the suggestion to drag out the GMC work truck and let him drive it for awhile. So I drug it out from around back this morning and started cleaning on it. It hadn’t been washed in years and the interior was disgusting! I spent the day cleaning up the inside and when the kid got home he washed the outside. We then took it out for a drive with Jake driving. It was like driving with a different person! He did great in town and on the highway and I wasn’t terrified once in driving around for a couple of hours. I asked what the difference was and he said I’m comfortable driving this truck I’ve always drove this truck. So I guess it might be easier to teach him to drive in this and then move him to the cj.

IMG_1397.jpeg
IMG_1395.jpeg
72281352733__9B4EA7D0-4B46-4AE2-96DB-57E8AD31E8BB.jpeg
72281350041__9B45D4D4-2C66-4DEE-BE71-74A02DBC91A9.jpeg
IMG_1401.jpeg

So, I’ve been teaching Jake to drive the Jeep. It drives like a Jeep and the kid has been having a hard time in traffic in town on hills and nothing is flat here. I don’t have but a couple of months to teach him to really drive. He made the suggestion to drag out the GMC work truck and let him drive it for awhile. So I drug it out from around back this morning and started cleaning on it. It hadn’t been washed in years and the interior was disgusting! I spent the day cleaning up the inside and when the kid got home he washed the outside. We then took it out for a drive with Jake driving. It was like driving with a different person! He did great in town and on the highway and I wasn’t terrified once in driving around for a couple of hours. I asked what the difference was and he said I’m comfortable driving this truck I’ve always drove this truck. So I guess it might be easier to teach him to drive in this and then move him to the cj.

View attachment 120381View attachment 120382View attachment 120383View attachment 120384View attachment 120385
I will have to agree with him. Jeeps are a critter all their own which is why Daisy Duke had stunt doubles!

Keep him driving the jeep twice a week at home on empty back roads or an empty parking lot in town where there is no stress. The truck is for everything thing else until he gets used to the jeep at a slower pace.

Working your way through a brain fart, is a skill too.

Last edited:
Yes I believe that’s a lot of it
Back when I got my first set of wheels, all the ones I could afford had manual transmissions. It was not a smooth ride for the first week or two, but it was necessary to learn, so that's what happened. I agree with Clem - keep him driving the Jeep often to get more familiar with shifting.

Back