Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iowa wins

Iowa wins.jpg

Yup, I have a chainsaw in camo. It's right wherever I left it a couple years ago.

Years ago ‘Mag-lite’ came out with camo flashlights just before christmas. I bought a set for my dad. When checking out I was talking to the girl. Joking I pointed and said ‘See they’re camo, I can use them in the woods at night and no one can see me’. She thought I was serious!!! which was a lot funnier than my joke. 🤣 She tried to ‘manslpain’ camo to me... I just went with it!! 🤣 🤣

1705381707029.gif

That's just a guy trick, A LOT of practice would help!!
We practice doing them not-quite-right for a few years 'til we aren't allowed near dirty dishes. We're not stupid.

We practice doing them not-quite-right for a few years 'til we aren't allowed near dirty dishes. We're not stupid.
That is not true that all men try to be inept. I am a natural. I bought her a dishwasher, an appliance. She will not let me touch any of her appliances ... unless they need repaired.

Ben

Yeah yeah, we are on to y'all!! My Hubby actually will help prepare meals, peel potatoes etc. rather than do dishes. That works for me!! What he doesn't know is that I will do it all if he didn't help!😉 Or maybe he really enjoys helping!?🤔 I'll never ask!😃

I am not allowed, in spite of remaining alive for 6 plus decades, I still dont do them "right"
I am allowed to hand wash the pots and pans and things that do not go in the dishwasher. But if I accidentally use too much water, there is Hell to pay. And I am allowed to unload the dishwasher and put the items back on their shelves. Apparently, I can't remember where they are supposed to go, so I just put them back where they were last week, that's the best I can manage.

But Heaven help me if I ever try to load the dishwasher! I am way too incompetent to do that. I've been told so many times. Apparently you have to put your dishes in there with an inch thick layer of dried food on them for it to "clean properly". I have the incorrect habit of trying to chip the big chunks off, so the dishes aren't swimming around in a sea of mud while they're washing.

The same goes for the recycling, compost and trash. We have five different containers to correctly sort all that. I am too dumb to figure out what goes where, I've been informed. Never mind that our recycling company changes what they will and will not take on a weekly basis. I should be able to "use the force" to figure out the weekly changes.

I am allowed to hand wash the pots and pans and things that do not go in the dishwasher. But if I accidentally use too much water, there is Hell to pay. And I am allowed to unload the dishwasher and put the items back on their shelves. Apparently, I can't remember where they are supposed to go, so I just put them back where they were last week, that's the best I can manage.

But Heaven help me if I ever try to load the dishwasher! I am way too incompetent to do that. ... Never mind that our recycling company changes what they will and will not take on a weekly basis. I should be able to "use the force" to figure out the weekly changes.
These are not the recyclables you are looking for."

Re: loading

Same for me.

Ben

My wife is more than happy to let me cook and wash dishes by hand.
I actually enjoy hand washing dishes.
I feel a connection to the women in the family.
I know that everyone of them has stood in that same place at one time or another.
I do put the dishes in the dishwasher but I don't try to load it correctly.
I just put stuff in then she rearranges it like she wants it to be.
She does laundry because I hate to do laundry.

I do dishes from time to time. I rearrange the dishwasher for the wife.
How long does it take for your hands to heal after the slashing?:dunno:

I am not allowed, in spite of remaining alive for 6 plus decades, I still dont do them "right" :p

When my hubby retired, he suddenly learned that I don't do them right either. He also suddenly learned that I am perfectly content to let him do them the right way. I aimed to continue misbehaving and have done so.

He started that crap with my wood cutting, moving and stacking. I gave him a choice of ☆☆☆☆ off or do it himself. I am still blissfully doing the wood the wrong way, and I don't miss those dishes one bitl

Last edited:
I have been doing dishes for so long it is a part of me, and it is something I don't mind doing. I load the dishwasher; unload the dishwasher; and anything I don't think would be safe in the dishwasher I wash by hand. I hate seeing a sink full of dirty dishes. More often than not that will be the first chore of the morning. I am usually the first one and only one awake, so my wife wakes up to a clean kitchen, which she loves.

I'm 100% the cook. And cooking cleanup (except for that executive level job of loading the dishwasher). You'd be surprised how many things a guy can do wrong with a dishwasher. I can understand how you have to spread the spoons out so they don't "nest" and therefore not clean. But did you know that butter knives can nest too? I sure didn't. But evidently ours can. ??? I do admit that one time - just one time! - I used the dishwasher to clean the cosmoline off of some surplus AK magazines. I cannot seem to live that momentary lapse of judgement down.

I've always done my own laundry. She does hers, but then leaves it in the dryer so I usually pull it out and fold it. Sometimes I wash her stuff. Mostly it's scrubs for her job, and even a guy can't mess that up. You get to set the washer for super hot, scald and sanitize. And don't hesitate to add bleach. Then the dryer goes on ultra-hot. So even a moron XY can't do anything to harm the clothes given that protocol. The whole point is to nuke the snot out of them with heat.

I'm not complaining. I sit around the house all day since I'm retired. She goes to work and earns money. She could have retired already too, but she likes what she does. And doesn't want to give up our super Cadillac health care plan from her work for Medicare.

Back