Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1710723690550.jpeg

I think I WAS a stupid child. When I think back on the questions I asked my Mom and the ideas I thought of, I was pretty stupid. I once asked her why we had to wash the bottom of our dinner plates when the food only touched to top of the plates. I am NOT kidding. 🤪 I wanted to know if we only needed glasses to drive, why couldn’t we just get prescription windshields? I was stupid. I once asked my older brother why cars only emit exhaust in the winter because I never saw it come out of the mufflers in the summer. He stared at me a long time before answering. These are all true stories. Maybe we could start a thread on stupid things we believed as a child. Or would I be the only one posting?

I think I WAS a stupid child. When I think back on the questions I asked my Mom and the ideas I thought of, I was pretty stupid. I once asked her why we had to wash the bottom of our dinner plates when the food only touched to top of the plates. I am NOT kidding. 🤪 I wanted to know if we only needed glasses to drive, why couldn’t we just get prescription windshields? I was stupid. I once asked my older brother why cars only emit exhaust in the winter because I never saw it come out of the mufflers in the summer. He stared at me a long time before answering. These are all true stories. Maybe we could start a thread on stupid things we believed as a child. Or would I be the only one posting?
spacer.gif
EINSTEIN QUOTES
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day."

—From the memoirs of William Miller, an editor, quoted in Life magazine, May 2, 1955; Expanded, p. 281

spacer.gif
EINSTEIN QUOTES
"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day."

—From the memoirs of William Miller, an editor, quoted in Life magazine, May 2, 1955; Expanded, p. 281
Thank you for giving me the benefit of the doubt. I was not trying to understand deep mysteries. I just couldn’t see why I had to wash the underside of the dinner plates. 🤪🤪

To question is smart!! You were a smart child, trying to figure out why people did things that didn't seem right!!
I am still trying to figure out why some people do thing that don't seem right to me.

You were inquisitive, not stupid.
How else can you learn if you don't ask questions?

I think I WAS a stupid child.
I was too. I don't remember asking dumb questions ... I just did dumb things. Like one of my scientific experiments (I'm sure I have mentioned this in some other thread here) - I wanted to determine if you can out run the mess when you light a firecracker under a pile of dog s*%$! Well, the answer is, "No, you can't". But that's irrelevant. It was a stupid experiment from the get-go.

Latest posts

Back