Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
84348358_688766268328514_4807272892188091370_n.jpg

I think I have watched every Jeanne Robertson video on You Tube. My favorite is still going to Las Vegas. She is wonderful, and something the whole family can watch, and not have to worry.

I was eating a Potpie one day and called the company just on a goof. I said hey man I just ate two of these things and I don't feel anything. I don't think there is any pot in there at all. After a short silence the guy busted up and said I made his day

There is a type of seaweed called Dulce (or Dulse) that allegedly tastes like bacon when fried/cooked. I've never had it before so I'm skeptical. Apparently it's a favorite meal for Abalone & gives them their bacon-y flavor (I haven't eaten Abalone in so long I don't remember what it tastes like though).

View attachment 35298
This is so my grandma if she had a pan that big.
I always feel like I missed out because neither of my grandmothers were good cooks. My paternal grandmother (who died back in the 80s) boiled everything to death. I only vaguely remember her as she only visited once or twice before her death. My other grandmother was very frugal & had migraines so she hated the sounds of children's laughter (or any playing). She was usually pretty cranky, didn't cook much, & was very stingy. My mother & her sisters were not allowed to have carbonated drinks, had to drink powdered milk, & were only allowed to have butter OR gravy on their mashed potatoes (never both). My mom learned to cook from one of her grandmothers (both grandmothers were immigrants). I had sort of surrogate grandparents though-- the elderly man & his wife who were taking care of the feral cats LOVED to feed people- especially kids. Old man told me about how he gave candy to kids in China during World War II. He liked to hide things in ice cream-- okra slices, cucumber, peppers, candy, etc. We always knew when he did it because he would watch us with this mischievous smile and hold his hands/fingers a certain way.

Latest posts

Back