Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1639279728200.png

Many years ago the wife ask what should she tell her mother to buy me for Christmas.
I told her socks, they are low cost & i will need them every year. For thirty years I never bought work socks.
Everyone was Happy, which is a rare & beautiful think.

Ha, no joke! The kid came for a visit the other day and had 2 mis-matched socks on. I said "Gee, I wonder what you want for Christmas". I just got a knowing grin..... Yeah, moms got the feet covered.
Many years ago, although I had plenty of socks, I was in the habit of wearing "the other dryer socks" with my boots where nobody could see. My grandparents were up visiting my mom. I went over to spend some time with them and took my boots of when I came in Mom's house. Grandma found the mismatched socks disturbing for some reason. Because I am ultimately, me, for the rest of that visit, even if I had no clean mismatched socks, I would break up pairs of socks and wear mismatched socks. It backfired on me, I got socks for Christmas that year.

I do! It's the speakers at the drive in. I've never seen them look that clean though🤷
Yes, those are recent 'clones' of the originals, which were naked cast aluminum housings that looked like this:
drive-in-theatre-speaker-car.jpg

drive-in-speakers.ashx

...And yes, they all had bird poop on them. :(

I haven’t been to very many drive-ins but one night stands out. Older sister had “date”. I was the annoying kid brother in the backseat who had to chaperon. That was a hoot! :rolleyes:

My folks must have been mad at both of us! 😁 We didn't get along on a good day... Sending me made no sense, I was as miserable as she was.

Latest posts

Back