Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More proof liberals are retarded.

They're signing petitions to ban PLASMA guns. something we're
maybe a couple of hundred years from having, if ever!

More proof liberals are retarded.

They're signing petitions to ban PLASMA guns. something we're
maybe a couple of hundred years from having, if ever!

Great, now I have to buy another gun... before they ban them :mad:.
(sarcasm)
Glad I got my 200mw lasers while I could.:thumbs:
(truth)

111929.png

No joke, here is my 100mw making short work of punching holes thru solar-eclipse glasses:
https://www.thektog.org/threads/powerful-green-laser-for-competition-use.268105/post-2409728
(I'm Blake over there because Super got banned :()
So, way back when they first came out, I bought a gen 1 Wicked Lasers Arctic (845nm blue) 1W laser. It's pretty sick - it'll ignite stuff from 12+ feet away. Now you made me wonder where the heck I stashed that thing. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow morning...try to find it in my pile o' clutter.

Anyway, on the interwebz are a bunch of videos showing how people build far more powerful multi-watt handheld lasers. These are fun and all, but what too few of these folks mention is YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THE RIGHT EYE PROTECTION OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ANYMORE.

No joke! Even the 1W laser's ambient reflection off a wall in a house can cause loss of sight. A direct reflection can cause permanent blindness.

Treat lasers like you would a firearm: They do not forgive, there are no do-overs, and you need to know what you're working with.

For clarification, most lasers you buy in stores that you don't really need eye protection for come in at about 5mW - that's milliwatts, or 0.005 watts. A 1W laser is 200 times more powerful.

So, way back when they first came out, I bought a gen 1 Wicked Lasers Arctic (845nm blue) 1W laser. It's pretty sick - it'll ignite stuff from 12+ feet away. Now you made me wonder where the heck I stashed that thing. Maybe that's what I'll do tomorrow morning...try to find it in my pile o' clutter.

Anyway, on the interwebz are a bunch of videos showing how people build far more powerful multi-watt handheld lasers. These are fun and all, but what too few of these folks mention is YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED THE RIGHT EYE PROTECTION OR YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE ANYMORE.

No joke! Even the 1W laser's ambient reflection off a wall in a house can cause loss of sight. A direct reflection can cause permanent blindness.

Treat lasers like you would a firearm: They do not forgive, there are no do-overs, and you need to know what you're working with.

For clarification, most lasers you buy in stores that you don't really need eye protection for come in at about 5mW - that's milliwatts, or 0.005 watts. A 1W laser is 200 times more powerful.
Yes, they moved quickly to make it illegal for any American to sell one greater than 5mw to anyone who isn't licensed, to protect our idiots from harming themselves or each other. :oops:
However, it is legal for anyone to own/possess, or use one responsibly.:thumbs:
(yes, you can still buy them from China)
Sorry, forgive the thread derail.:(

Edit: Ok, a funny. Here's a shipping update I received on one that I ordered:
"More good news:
亚特兰大乔治亚州网络配送中心,离开了美国邮政区域目标设备,您的项目我们亚特兰大 GA 网络配送中心目的地设施在 2017 年 7 月 20 日在离开 4:20 下午。"

Translation​

Atlanta Georgia Network Distribution Center, leaving the U.S. Postal Regional Destination Device, your project our Atlanta GA Network Distribution Center destination facility on July 20, 2017 departs at 4:20 p.m.

Last edited:
Yes, they moved quickly to make it illegal for any American to sell one greater than 5mw to anyone who isn't licensed, to protect our idiots from harming themselves or each other. :oops:
However, it is legal for anyone to own/possess, or use one responsibly.:thumbs:
(yes, you can still buy them from China)
Sorry, forgive the thread derail.:(

Edit: Ok, a funny. Here's a shipping update I received on one that I ordered:
"More good news:
亚特兰大乔治亚州网络配送中心,离开了美国邮政区域目标设备,您的项目我们亚特兰大 GA 网络配送中心目的地设施在 2017 年 7 月 20 日在离开 4:20 下午。"

Translation​

Atlanta Georgia Network Distribution Center, leaving the U.S. Postal Regional Destination Device, your project our Atlanta GA Network Distribution Center destination facility on July 20, 2017 departs at 4:20 p.m.
A cluster of them in a mirrored, neon filled tube could set people on fire and cause serious burns! NEAT! wanna be flies on the wall at an ANTIFAgs rally? LOL

A cluster of them in a mirrored, neon filled tube could set people on fire and cause serious burns! NEAT! wanna be flies on the wall at an ANTIFAgs rally? LOL
...We were way ahead of you 7 years ago:

Latest posts

Back