Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Navy boot camp in 1970 we had these.
The bolts were welded shut and we only carried them when we screwed up or when we were trying to march in formation.
Definition of a Navy formation was more than one boot going in about the same direction at approximately the same time.
We spent a total of around 6 hours at the Marine range actually shooting live ammo with Marine DIs yelling at us.
Out of 62 guys I think 2 or 3 actually qualified.
None of us qualified with the 1911. Mostly because there were no targets to shoot at. The DI held your arm and yelled at you to pull the trigger until the pistol clicked.
Then the DIs were kind enough to let us reload mags for the rest of the day.
iu

Sweet, a 1903 Springfield. I have one of those!

Sweet, a 1903 Springfield. I have one of those!
For some reason I'm not real surprised you have one.:)
I bet the bolt isn't welded shut on yours.
The brig had the same rifle they used to make the prisoners do PT with.
They weighed 21 pounds. Lots of added weight in the barrel.
No, I wasn't a guest in the brig. I pulled a fire watch there.

For some reason I'm not real surprised you have one.:)
I bet the bolt isn't welded shut on yours.
The brig had the same rifle they used to make the prisoners do PT with.
They weighed 21 pounds. Lots of added weight in the barrel.
No, I wasn't a guest in the brig. I pulled a fire watch there.

My uncle gave it to me, along with a 1917 Enfield. And no, not welded shut. ;)

I'll paraphrase what Robin Williams said about men. "If the can't have an intimate relationship with it they'll kill it." So think about all the species of animals man didn't think was good for an intimate relationship. LOL
Are we talking decent moral men or less than decent moral men?

That was the grossest question ever.

Are we talking decent moral men or less than decent moral men?

That was the grossest question ever.
You could ask Robin Williams but he found out how to screw himself by killing himself. Sort of a two for one type of guy and I can say this because I know he love some truly tasteless jokes.;D

Every animal is here as part of nature and for our use. We simply assign one to be food and the other to be a pet or a work animal. There is nothing immoral about consuming a food. Not everyone in the world see's dog (or cats) as pets, and even people who do see them as pets only would quickly change their minds if they are starving. If not natural selection takes over and your starving pet will eat you.

Every animal is here as part of nature and for our use. We simply assign one to be food and the other to be a pet or a work animal. There is nothing immoral about consuming a food. Not everyone in the world see's dog (or cats) as pets, and even people who do see them as pets only would quickly change their minds if they are starving. If not natural selection takes over and your starving pet will eat you.
A very realistic point of view but I'f I eat your dog I am not put to death, if my dog eats you she would most certainly be killed for having done so. Humans are smart enough to survive without resorting to animal behavior but we still use animal instincts to provide reasons for why we feel the way we do. Hard to say if that is right or wrong but it does make for an interesting discourse into Human psychology.

A very realistic point of view but I'f I eat your dog I am not put to death, if my dog eats you she would most certainly be killed for having done so. Humans are smart enough to survive without resorting to animal behavior but we still use animal instincts to provide reasons for why we feel the way we do. Hard to say if that is right or wrong but it does make for an interesting discourse into Human psychology.

I think the people of Venezuela are a good example. Not many pets left there, even feral dogs and cats have become menu items. Plus there's not many dog catchers or cops left to concern themselves with animal nature.

Latest posts

Back