Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AA9754BB-6B1D-47E7-952F-B2461A27EE2C.jpeg

I remember waking up in the wee hours of the morning and dragging my blanket to the living room to sleep in front of that metal heater in the wall. I also lived in an apartment without heat for a year because I couldn't figure out how to light the thing...

When I was a kid , we had a pot belly wood stove in the center of the living room , which was also mom and dad bedroom, the big kitchen had a wide opening to the living room , one bedroom was me and my sisters off to the side with small door , and snow actually blowed through cracks in the wall onto over 50 lbs of blankets , and didn't melt overnite.

No heat got to that bedroom.

Jim

When I was a kid , we had a pot belly wood stove in the center of the living room , which was also mom and dad bedroom, the big kitchen had a wide opening to the living room , one bedroom was me and my sisters off to the side with small door , and snow actually blowed through cracks in the wall onto over 50 lbs of blankets , and didn't melt overnite.

No heat got to that bedroom.

Jim
And scratching your name or pictures on the ice/frost on the inside of the window.

Across the breakfast table, a young boy squints at his great grandfather.

"Pop," he says, "You're really old."

The old man chuckles. "I certainly am, son."

"How old are you Pop?"

"Why, I'm eighty-nine."

"Wow." the boy is impressed. "How did you get that old, Pop?"

"Well son, I'll tell you." The old man's faces grows serious, and glances to each side conspiratorially. He leans in and fixes his great grandson with a steely look. "Here's the secret. Every morning, I sprinkle a little gunpowder on my oatmeal. I don't know how, but it's kept me fit and healthy all my life."

The boy takes his great grandfather's advice, and indeed it works remarkably. The boy grew up and left behind 4 children, 9 grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren, and a 16 foot hole in the crematorium wall.

Latest posts

Back