Jokes and Humor

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sousaphone is part of the Tuba Family of instruments. This includes 11 different tubas. The Bass tuba, the Contrabass, The Euphonium, The Flugelhorn, The Ophicleide, The Subcontrabass horn. The Wagner horn, The Helicon, The Marching Tuba, The Sousaphone as referenced above and Lastly the Phillipino Tuba.
Not a band nerd, But I did graduate from John Philip Sousa Junior High School and was a music education major at college. John Philip Sousa - As in the Sousaphone!
I knew there were different types of tubas, but I never knew there were so many! I've never even heard of some of those. I am surprised that the Flugelhorn is considered a tuba. IIRC (which I probably don't!), the Flugelhorn is higher in pitch than a French Horn, but lower than a trumpet (which it somewhat resembles). I had never even heard of an Ophicleide or a Helicon before. I'll have to go look those up.

We have a lot of experts in different things here on these forums. You are our new "musical instrument king"! Be sure and spread your knowledge - we all like learning here. I see you are a new member. Welcome!

I played trumpet back in school. But unfortunately that got abandoned some time in college. I play piano now. And even that is starting to get more and more abandoned. :( I love classical music. Listening to it - any era. Playing it - Romantic.

1700512187380.png

My daughter trained seals and dolphins (not porpoises) for the Navy. I don't know much about that job - only a few anecdotes that she was allowed to tell - because it was classified.
I've seen videos on what her unit did. That is quite an accomplishment.

HA HA HA
A Veteran organization I belong to, Vietnam Veterans of America, decided to help out needy families for Christmas once about 7 years ago. ...
We once volunteered to help out needy families. We were to bring them a meal and presents (with some others helping). My wife volunteered to help deliver the food & presents.

When she got back, she said the "needy family" had a nicer TV than we did.

Makes you wonder, don't it? :confused:

A sousaphone is part of the Tuba Family of instruments. This includes 11 different tubas. The Bass tuba, the Contrabass, The Euphonium, The Flugelhorn, The Ophicleide, The Subcontrabass horn. The Wagner horn, The Helicon, The Marching Tuba, The Sousaphone as referenced above and Lastly the Phillipino Tuba.
Not a band nerd, But I did graduate from John Philip Sousa Junior High School and was a music education major at college. John Philip Sousa - As in the Sousaphone!
Waitaminute, the baritone didn't make the list? :oops:
It can make the same farting sound as a tuba!
sddefault.jpg

A Tuba (Wikipedia):
lossy-page1-631px-Yamaha_Bass_tuba_YFB-822.tif.jpg

I don't see a lot of difference.

Last edited:
Waitaminute, the baritone didn't make the list? :oops:
It can make the same farting sound as a tuba!
sddefault.jpg

A Tuba (Wikipedia):
lossy-page1-631px-Yamaha_Bass_tuba_YFB-822.tif.jpg

I don't see a lot of difference.
I tried both trombone and trumpet.
Both sounded like a mule with gas.

Latest posts

Back