Just goofing off

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aklogcabin

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Having coffee n wanted to stop in n say Merry Christmas! Things have been kinda chilly. 20-25 below for a while. 4' of snow. I started clearing snow on the roof of our new house. Have to install a chimney. The snow will reach the roof before I get 10' up. 9' of snow under the eve. Could ride my snogo over the roof. We have several sheds to clear that will easily reach the roof. Maybe have to ride my snogo over the top for posterity. I've never done it before. And it sounds kinda fun. Need to get a new pull cord and a little tlc and our grandsons ski doo skandik will be running. He outgrew his 120cc arctic cat. We have a AC kitty cat for the little ones. And a little suzuki 90cc 4 wheeler that gets around good. Kids love it. I already have 6 other ones going and a couple 4 wheelers. 2 more snogos to go through. A 73 Evinrude with electric start and reverse that is easy for the kids to drive. Even has decompression release to get er rolling over good before starting. And a neutral. You can warm the engine and the track doesn't turn. Great starter machine. Looks cool to.. my plan is to put atv tires on it and use it to get across the muskkeg out at the cabin. Little track rig.
Hey I enjoy winter n embrace the challenge. We're ready
Merry Christmas folks, we'll leave the light on

Aklogcabin, Merry Christmas! How are the winds impacting you? I know the Mat-Su has had near hurricane force winds nonstop for the past few days. I’m thinking you are safe from that where you are. Winds are 8-20 mph here with this little dust up, which sucks but is manageable. From experience I know how much of a challenge it is when you combine massive amounts of snow, 60 mph sustained winds for days, and sub zero temps.

Up on the mountain I can look down at the glacier thats producing the big blow and watch the dust/snow being kicked up as it blows down the valley towards the Mat-Su. Glad I’m not in that path!

Snow is only arm pit deep here, which is fine by me!

Aklogcabin, Merry Christmas! How are the winds impacting you? I know the Mat-Su has had near hurricane force winds nonstop for the past few days. I’m thinking you are safe from that where you are. Winds are 8-20 mph here with this little dust up, which sucks but is manageable. From experience I know how much of a challenge it is when you combine massive amounts of snow, 60 mph sustained winds for days, and sub zero temps.

Up on the mountain I can look down at the glacier thats producing the big blow and watch the dust/snow being kicked up as it blows down the valley towards the Mat-Su. Glad I’m not in that path!

Snow is only arm pit deep here, which is fine by me!
I lived outside Palmer for a number of years, not far from the King River and the Matanuska River. That wind can really really blow down off those glaciers. One time I was driving outside of Palmer and noticed a weird yellow cloud, thought it was hail. Nope, the winds had picked up sand and small rocks. It peppered my windshield with dozens of small chips.
I knew people that would have to replace the windows in their house every few years from being sandblasted from the wind and sand.

I lived outside Palmer for a number of years, not far from the King River and the Matanuska River. That wind can really really blow down off those glaciers. One time I was driving outside of Palmer and noticed a weird yellow cloud, thought it was hail. Nope, the winds had picked up sand and small rocks. It peppered my windshield with dozens of small chips.
I knew people that would have to replace the windows in their house every few years from being sandblasted from the wind and sand.
Yeppers Palmer wind sucks. To me anyhows but a pretty little town though. I helped log spruce along the side of the mountain. The chainsaw blade would spark become so much glacier silt in them. You can see a grey cloud over Palmer at times because of glacier silt. Sure pretty area though

Thank You Alaskajohn. I am humbled. Gotta be tough to live where you're at too. That was stank up man.
We're fine. Power just came on but we had the generator going pretty fast. Kinda hard to sleep when it's like this. Gotta keep up with stuff. Get behind at you'll never relax. We're cool, glad to hear you're doing great. I really appreciate your input around here.
Same to you Mountain Trapper! And the rest of the folks of course. Merry Christmas

It's in the teens here in Alabama and most of us are losing our minds.

Latest posts

Back