Kansas City

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've been to Kelly's. On a n.w. corner? But, that was decades ago. I met some colleagues and friends after work there.
Yup, on a NW corner. Supposedly it is haunted...

Weedy do you remember a 5 street intersection to the NW of the Plaza? I ended up there by accident once. That was the goofiest intersection I've ever seen...

Yup, on a NW corner. Supposedly it is haunted...

Weedy do you remember a 5 street intersection to the NW of the Plaza? I ended up there by accident once. That was the goofiest intersection I've ever seen...
I think I worked in a building by there one summer. I did temporary office work in the summers, mostly for people who went on vacations.
Denver's downtown sits at a diagonal to the rest of the city. There are many such goofy intersections there.

A friend of mine walked into a bar in the late 60s called "The Three Moods" . Being from a small town, he had no idea that gay bars even existed. He laughed about it later, but was shocked at he time.

We made it to Bryant’s for lunch, it was fantastic! I don’t remember which of you that suggested it but thanks! Jake got a full slab Alexandra got the half rack and I got the open faced burnt ends it was awesome!

D0B98BD0-89D1-4FC7-93AD-1DB5D4C23DBA.jpeg
6F74BB99-3161-479A-B5C5-9A2A074FE30E.jpeg
9C36FF5D-E6A0-4979-BB50-64F215A97022.jpeg
607F6D5A-ECF8-4901-8795-6A4698A95424.jpeg
B50EECFC-2260-466C-8917-632CC3848D95.jpeg

I first went there around '99 or 2000. I guess there wàs a gay club down there but I never saw it. Of course I was probably so drunk I could have been inside it and I wouldn't have known the difference.

There was a little basement blues club in Westport called Blaney's. It was old school all the way. Little bitty stage with a local band, cigarette smoke hanging thick in the air. The walls were brick and the ceiling was low. It was just my style. Sadly it's long gone. Up the street there was Kelly's Irish Pub. It was in the oldest building in KC and it was an absolute meat market. Half of KC was in there trying to get laid on Saturday nights. Kelly's is still there. Then there was the Beaumont club which was a Country bar. The bar stools were saddles and they had a mechanical bull. The first time I went in there the waitress asked what I wanted and I said, Bourbon! She said, "what do you want in it"? I said "Ice!" She looked at me like I was from another planet. I knew right then that I wasn't in a real country bar...😂
I did a search for the place, The Redhead. I found this comment.
Re: redhead lounge - new bar in the river market
Post by moderne » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:19 pm
The original Redhead was a legendary gay bar from the past where the Hurricane in Westport now is. It was known as a place where older lushes hung out and the younger meat was available for a price.

Latest posts

Back