kids

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Polly Anna's still hanging on with hers but Thelma had this little guy this afternoon.
IMG_20180116_162753_hdr.jpg

How sweet. One of my kids has crooked front legs. Hope they straighten out after the selenium shot. I have 2 more to go but not until March.

There's a grocery store in Cinti called Jungle Jim's where they sell a lot of ethnic foods.In the meat dept.,I would see goat and sheep heads,complete with the eyes,teeth and tongue for $1.Until then,I thought "Goat Head Soup" was just a Rolling Stones' album.

Going to Jungle Jim's is like going on a field trip! lol
Sorry, off topic, couldn't resist. :)

Going to Jungle Jim's is like going on a field trip! lol
Sorry, off topic, couldn't resist. :)

I just saw a YouTube video of someone at Jungle Jims.... OMG! I want to go!

Pictures of the babies, the crooked legs on the one are straightening out and everyone is doing well.
IMG_20180120_113638.jpg

How old is that buckling LastO? The judges around here favor the white/red head or I'd come up/over/down and "borrow" him for a few weeks this fall.
Terri, the red/white dappled Boer buckling was about 3 days old when that pic was taken.

The doe I thought would be first just gave us 2 healthy kids. So far all of our does have had 1 doe and 1 buck. View attachment 2497
Terri, the kids that you posted look real good. Is the one on the right showing dapples? It looks like maybe a dapple or two on his/her head? Dappled Boers are an up and coming trend. While the judges in most ABGA competitions seem to prefer traditional red/white, more and more people seem to love the dapples and the judges are being forced to follow suit as more and more people enter them into competition.

Terri, the kids that you posted look real good. Is the one on the right showing dapples? It looks like maybe a dapple or two on his/her head? Dappled Boers are an up and coming trend. While the judges in most ABGA competitions seem to prefer traditional red/white, more and more people seem to love the dapples and the judges are being forced to follow suit as more and more people enter them into competition.
He's got some white on his ears but I wouldn't say he was dappled.

How sweet. One of my kids has crooked front legs. Hope they straighten out after the selenium shot. I have 2 more to go but not until March.
We had one who could not stand for 3 days. She was 3rd of triplets. The first one was a buck and had to be pulled physically. He was still born. We gave selenium and vit E. Then we kept standing her off and on and helping her stand until her muscles got strong enough. You wouldn't know today. Ive had them born with legs that looked like they were bending backwards. All is good in a few days usually.

Looks good. Our boy is up and walking now but is still pretty bowlegged. Hit him with some vit E-selenium and also with b complex. He runs funny but he can chase momma down now. He's the little one in the center on the picture above.

Looks good. Our boy is up and walking now but is still pretty bowlegged. Hit him with some vit E-selenium and also with b complex. He runs funny but he can chase momma down now. He's the little one in the center on the picture above.
Yes. I can see she is a bit wimpy in the legs. Good looking bunch though for sure! The last one in my trio of pics is the gal who couldn't stand for 3 days. She is the sweetest of all the babies born this season.

Yes. I can see she is a bit wimpy in the legs. Good looking bunch though for sure! The last one in my trio of pics is the gal who couldn't stand for 3 days. She is the sweetest of all the babies born this season.

Funny how they get friendly when your presence means milk. :)

I have to say that although we had 4 bottle babies (3 supplemental and one full bottle baby) All of our kids this season are very people friendly.

Latest posts

Back