kids

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have babies! But not from the doe I was expecting to be first.
IMG954905.jpg
IMG954904.jpg
IMG954903.jpg

That’s awesome!
I miss kids!
You definitely never know who will go first. Even with due dates.
Congrats! Update when you get home and have light!

I've got a boer doe that looks like she's carrying a watermelon on each side of her ribs. Looks like she's going to explode. She was in with the buck well before this La Mancha doe was.

True but I just clicked "new posts" and it was at the top. Have you named them yet?
No. I let the buyer name them if they sell. If they don't they go in the freezer. And I was right. The black and white is a girl and the pretty one is a boy, again.

One of our boer does is in labor. First was a still born. Hopefully we get a healthy kid or she gone. It's her 3rd chance.

One of our boer does is in labor. First was a still born. Hopefully we get a healthy kid or she gone. It's her 3rd chance.
The second is perfect and she's still pushing. It may just be the after birth but she is still big. This one was born in the last 20 min.
IMG_20180108_191125.jpg
IMG_20180108_191231.jpg

Aaaaah,they are adorable.Congrats!!!I'm really thinking of getting goats.I've never eaten goat.What does it taste like?Do you butcher them young?There's a grocery store in Cinti called Jungle Jim's where they sell a lot of ethnic foods.In the meat dept.,I would see goat and sheep heads,complete with the eyes,teeth and tongue for $1.Until then,I thought "Goat Head Soup" was just a Rolling Stones' album.

Goat is similar to beef. We usually butcher around 10 months, have to wait until after the fair.:) We've never used the head, that's a bit to much for me. I'm fine with watching them be born and butchering but I don't want them to watch me cook them.

We've been working on breeding dappled or dapple headed Boers. Her are some of this years kids. The first one is Cappuccino, Full blood ABGA registered buckling . The black and white one is Boo. She is commercial Boer and was born on Halloween.
Capp002.jpg

IMG_5617.JPG

Latest posts

Back