Knives

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I asked mods to delete the other knife thread. I have better. Pictures
All knives are $15,00 each
IMG_0126.jpeg
IMG_0125.jpeg
IMG_0131.jpeg
IMG_0127.jpeg
IMG_0123.jpeg
IMG_0121.jpeg
IMG_0122.jpeg
IMG_0120.jpeg

Bunch of sweet blades. I thought those first ones were Spyderco's.
Really nice work on the handlea
To be completely transparent
Ignore the 10" knife, it just does not look
"Right" feels light
It will sell to a yahoo. But not my friends

Ok, this post is only Kind Of about knives. Here goes: I've sprayed my yard with weed killer twice & both times it rained the next day. So I've got some tall weeds, you know the type they grow tall & have yellow flowers on top, plus some others. So over a beer I got to thinking what could I buy to specifically get rid of them? I more or less ruled everything that they had for sale on Amazon.

Second beer had me define what I wanted it to do. Kill the top & damage the root so that it probably wouldn't come back. How? How about if I cut the root in half & cut off the top? I've got a knife (cheepy from Walmart) that will do that but I'm too darned old to not suffer from that amount of time bending over, I need a long handle. I've got an extra mop handle & I taped (good tape) the knife to the mop handle. Put it in front of the plant (touching the root) & step back & twist & it works like a charm. Sure I bent the knife but still it works.

A quick search & I found a much better knife that cuts both ways for $30 (no handle) & once it arrives, I'll affix it to the mop handle. Assuming the blade I ordered is good & assuming that I can fix it securely to the mop handle, I think that I've come up with a useful tool. Of course a spear would do the same thing but they are double or triple what I'm going to pay for this & this is a narrow blade, leaving a very small hole.

Ok, this post is only Kind Of about knives. Here goes: I've sprayed my yard with weed killer twice & both times it rained the next day. So I've got some tall weeds, you know the type they grow tall & have yellow flowers on top, plus some others. So over a beer I got to thinking what could I buy to specifically get rid of them? I more or less ruled everything that they had for sale on Amazon.

Second beer had me define what I wanted it to do. Kill the top & damage the root so that it probably wouldn't come back. How? How about if I cut the root in half & cut off the top? I've got a knife (cheepy from Walmart) that will do that but I'm too darned old to not suffer from that amount of time bending over, I need a long handle. I've got an extra mop handle & I taped (good tape) the knife to the mop handle. Put it in front of the plant (touching the root) & step back & twist & it works like a charm. Sure I bent the knife but still it works.

A quick search & I found a much better knife that cuts both ways for $30 (no handle) & once it arrives, I'll affix it to the mop handle. Assuming the blade I ordered is good & assuming that I can fix it securely to the mop handle, I think that I've come up with a useful tool. Of course a spear would do the same thing but they are double or triple what I'm going to pay for this & this is a narrow blade, leaving a very small hole.
You might want to look at a "shuffle Hoe" /"action hoe" ?

Not the best video, but you can do your own research to determine you needs.

You might want to look at a "shuffle Hoe" /"action hoe" ?

That probably works great for a garden but what I need it for is a yard that has a lot of those tall weeds growing in it. My "tool" only makes a half inch hole at most, sometimes no real hole & hopefully kills the week. Now there is a tool that you step on & you drive it around the weed & then pull the weed & root up. I tried one of those but it took time & left a pretty good size hole. If mine "tool" kills the root it is a winner because it's fast as all get out.

Latest posts

Back