Ladies, What Kind Of Perfume Do You Use?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I do pretty well. My favorite for her is TreZor (sp) but she doesn't like it as well. She is big on Spicy smells as opposed to sweet.

Ok I may try that one too one day.

Do you or are you old enough to remember the mens scents of the 1960s and early 70s?
Young men and boys use to wear , English Leather, Brut, Aqua Velva, Old Spice and another one us girls use to really like on guys but forgot the name of most popular one.

We girls would wear a lot of the Avon products and drug store brands like Chantilly, Topaz ,etc.. Our mothers wore Evening In Paris, Channel #5 only two I remember right off.

Last edited:
although I generally fancy the scents of "lovespell " or whatnot..today was the smell of pine, horse and goat ****...yes..work for hours then come home to stall cleaning and tree planting ...beats work stress bull anyday tho...today was another epic oh **** day

Hooch you need to go clean out your nose and put some good scent in it. :D:)

I love spicy! Hubby wears Halston and it smells so good on him ( yummy!). He wears Old Spice for work lol
He rarely has an opinion on what scent I wear but I do get an occasional good remark if something has a vanilla scent to it

Don't think we have used that one, will keep it in mind next sent purchase. :cool:

Husband wears Brut splash on, always has, every day. I don't think he would smell right if he didn't.

Now and then DH will wear Brut, and Pleasures for men. New scent is Coach.

I love the original Polo on my DH. Also the smell of resin and toluene. LOL When we first met he built radar arches for boats. That is the first smell I associate with him.

Yea mine use to come in smelling like auto paints, resins and bondo.

Husband wears Brut splash on, always has, every day. I don't think he would smell right if he didn't.
I remember that he was wearing some scent when I met you two. It was later in the day, so it had mostly worn off. I remember thinking that he has health challenges and wondering if scents would have bothered him. I do not remember the exact nature of his health concerns, but evidently it is not something that bothers him.

I don't want to be the naysayer, but I saw this article and wanted to share it. I will probably not add any other comments because I don't live my life stealing joy from others. https://theheartysoul.com/dangers-of-fragrance/

This is just a part of the article:

Medical Problems Fragrance Have Been Linked To
Are you ready for this list? You might be itching to throw away your bottle of Justin Bieber perfume after this.

Allergies. Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes.

Asthma. Fragrance is suspected to contribute to asthma development in children.

Cancer. Yeah, because many of these chemicals are known human carcinogens, according to the FDA.

Central nervous system disorders. These include autoimmune disorders, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and more.

Dermatitis. Red, scaly, dry patches on the skin, either from ingesting problem foods or from putting products with fragrance on your skin in the form of lotions or makeup.

Depression. In people who are highly sensitive, these scents can affect brain chemistry and even lead to people being more prone to panic attacks.

Dizziness and Nausea. These symptoms happen when your central nervous system is impacted by these toxins.

Headaches and migraines. Whew! That guy that walked by you that took a bath in cologne (we all know that guy)? He could just have been responsible for your migraine later that day.

Upper respiratory problems. Even failure can happen at high exposures. Aka DEATH.

Although I do wear fragrances outside of the house sometimes, I don't at home. Also, I won't burn candles, wax burners, or those fragrances that plug in inside the house. I just think those are too much and do cause health problems for people and animals. Outside it has a better chance to diffuse.

I don't want to be the naysayer, but I saw this article and wanted to share it. I will probably not add any other comments because I don't live my life stealing joy from others. https://theheartysoul.com/dangers-of-fragrance/

This is just a part of the article:

Medical Problems Fragrance Have Been Linked To
Are you ready for this list? You might be itching to throw away your bottle of Justin Bieber perfume after this.

Allergies. Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes.

Asthma. Fragrance is suspected to contribute to asthma development in children.

Cancer. Yeah, because many of these chemicals are known human carcinogens, according to the FDA.

Central nervous system disorders. These include autoimmune disorders, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, epilepsy, and more.

Dermatitis. Red, scaly, dry patches on the skin, either from ingesting problem foods or from putting products with fragrance on your skin in the form of lotions or makeup.

Depression. In people who are highly sensitive, these scents can affect brain chemistry and even lead to people being more prone to panic attacks.

Dizziness and Nausea. These symptoms happen when your central nervous system is impacted by these toxins.

Headaches and migraines. Whew! That guy that walked by you that took a bath in cologne (we all know that guy)? He could just have been responsible for your migraine later that day.

Upper respiratory problems. Even failure can happen at high exposures. Aka DEATH.

I don't doubt it at all, thats what we get for trying to be nice.
Although I do wear fragrances outside of the house sometimes, I don't at home. Also, I won't burn candles, wax burners, or those fragrances that plug in inside the house. I just think those are too much and do cause health problems for people and animals. Outside it has a better chance to diffuse.

I FINALLY remembered the mens popular 1960s scent, it was ' Jade East '. Any you girls remember that stuff?

I agree, no wonder we didn't live long back in the day, too much smoke from fireplaces and stoves. And cities were full of it too fro mfactories.

I don't doubt it at all, thats what we get for trying to be nice.

I FINALLY remembered the mens popular 1960s scent, it was ' Jade East '. Any you girls remember that stuff?

I agree, no wonder we didn't live long back in the day, too much smoke from fireplaces and stoves. And cities were full of it too fro mfactories.
I remember "Jade East." It was pretty popular and I really preferred it over Old Spice.

I had my first incident with perfume allergies when I was in college. Someone broke a perfume bottle in the bathroom. I took a shower and the smell was so strong! Then I went to class and someone in front of me was wearing the same perfume. It was my first awareness of there being a problem.

I remember "Jade East." It was pretty popular and I really preferred it over Old Spice.

I had my first incident with perfume allergies when I was in college. Someone broke a perfume bottle in the bathroom. I took a shower and the smell was so strong! Then I went to class and someone in front of me was wearing the same perfume. It was my first awareness of there being a problem.

Yea if it works or makes us feel good they do a number on it. If it saves them a penny they would use nuke waste if they could, wait a minute!:ghostly:

Can't do some scents, causes seizures for me, migraines.
My absolute favorite perfume when i could wear them was real pricey VanderBuilt.
Scents I know causes seizures for me : musk(male and female),cinnamon.
Scents I wear now: nothing but sweat, soap and water.
Do like light citrus scents, keyword is light.
Most scents smell like horse urine on me because they changed the formula.
Or my body chemistry has changed. Or both.

Can't do some scents, causes seizures for me, migraines.
My absolute favorite perfume when i could wear them was real pricey VanderBuilt.
Scents I know causes seizures for me : musk(male and female),cinnamon.
Scents I wear now: nothing but sweat, soap and water.
Do like light citrus scents, keyword is light.
Most scents smell like horse urine on me because they changed the formula.
Or my body chemistry has changed. Or both.

White Diamonds smelled that way on me. I was at a concert about 15 years ago and kept smelling something like strong urine, come to find out it was my hair. I know our body chemistry changes with age but that stuff didn't smell either. Plus it wasn't on my skin just the tips of my hair. Funny I can wear some and they don't smell. My favorite White Shoulders didn't stink but it didn't smell the same either, not even at the counter.
I did like red top bottle of Dolce Cabana but it was discontinued about 8 years ago,it kept its scent and lasted all day.

Ok I may try that one too one day.

Do you or are you old enough to remember the mens scents of the 1960s and early 70s?
Young men and boys use to wear , English Leather, Brut, Aqua Velva, Old Spice and another one us girls use to really like on guys but forgot the name of most popular one.

We girls would wear a lot of the Avon products and drug store brands like Chantilly, Topaz ,etc.. Our mothers wore Evening In Paris, Channel #5 only two I remember right off.
Meer I recall a lot of those scents. Musk was one I liked back then. LOL Days gone by.

@Meerkat I wear Ombre Rose perfume made from essential rose oil etc and it has a soft floral rose fragrance. Like @Weedygarden I have allergy issues so have to be careful what I put on and how I react. I found that one in Hong Kong at a perfume shop and wore it ever since on special occasions. Chanel can and does stop me breathing and I can feel my airways shutting down as with a lot of other strongly pungent perfumes on the market.

DH likes Imperial Leather after shave and it smells nice too.

When mother passed away last year,
she had fourteen bottles of perfume on her dresser.
We never knew she had so many,
we always thought she smelled like, Mom.

My granddaughter kept one of my blouses I left there and said she would smell it to feel close to me, so I sent her a piece of clothe with White Shoulders on it. Of course that was a long time ago before they changed it.

@Meerkat I wear Ombre Rose perfume made from essential rose oil etc and it has a soft floral rose fragrance. Like @Weedygarden I have allergy issues so have to be careful what I put on and how I react. I found that one in Hong Kong at a perfume shop and wore it ever since on special occasions. Chanel can and does stop me breathing and I can feel my airways shutting down as with a lot of other strongly pungent perfumes on the market.

Thanks Sewing I'll have to try that along with a couple other essential oils y'all are talking about.

Latest posts

Back