"Leave the World Behind" movie on Netflix

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look at it like this, sometimes you must sift garbage to find gold.

..Sure, and, Sometimes you can still find Kernels of Corn in 💩buuuuut... ;)

Interesting take on this all from a guy I just posted about (re: the 'Guidestones'... :rolleyes: ) https://leohohmann.com/2023/12/11/g...foreign-power-is-called-in-to-finish-the-job/ 🤔 ..Seems to 'align' with what a Lot of many of us have been postulating, herein.. Ergo: ..Something Wicked This-Way Comes.. o_O

Also, another interesting take on things from him (related to This..): https://leohohmann.com/2023/12/10/wef-warns-2024-likely-to-bring-catastrophic-cyber-event/ 🤔

..Yep, 2024 > 2025 really seems to be shaping up to be "The Time" to Get / have All our Houses / BOLs / MAGS, etc, etc, in 'Full Order'.. Skip the 'Luxury Cruises' / cancel the Disneyland-trips, etc, scratch Any unnecessary (for Survival..) spending, etc, and Focus in on battening down Our hatches / Practice / Train / Fortify / Think-thru, etc, etc.. For what's Clearly Coming.. nay, Galloping towards us.. o_O

(..But don't forget to Tickle / Hug / Kiss yer Kids / Wife / Hub / Fam, etc, and Go climb some trees / run in the park with the Dogs / make 'snow angels', then Hot Chocolate (with Marshmallows.. ;), etc, etc, in the Meantime... as Often, and as Amply as ya can.👍

jd

I finally got to see this movie, and I agree with Havasu's original assessment. It is slow, but it does make you think. My takeaway is what all of us already know: you have to be prepared BEFORE SHTF. If it happens as it did to Julia Roberts' family in the movie, and you are scratching your head wondering what you are going to do you are doomed.

My wife asked me what I thought as I was watching it. I told her other than having a few more years worth of food, we are already prepared for this to happen. We would just hunker down, and let the rest of the world go by. I really didn't understand all the animal stuff. IMHO it didn't add anything to the movie. I guess it is symbolic of something. Symbolism is always lost on me.

I guess it is worth watching. When I feel like I know a lot about the subject matter, I tend to pick things apart. I thought some of it was hokey.

I finally got to see this movie, and I agree with Havasu's original assessment. It is slow, but it does make you think. My takeaway is what all of us already know: you have to be prepared BEFORE SHTF. If it happens as it did to Julia Roberts' family in the movie, and you are scratching your head wondering what you are going to do you are doomed.

My wife asked me what I thought as I was watching it. I told her other than having a few more years worth of food, we are already prepared for this to happen. We would just hunker down, and let the rest of the world go by. I really didn't understand all the animal stuff. IMHO it didn't add anything to the movie. I guess it is symbolic of something. Symbolism is always lost on me.

I guess it is worth watching. When I feel like I know a lot about the subject matter, I tend to pick things apart. I thought some of it was hokey.
But do you have medicine to keep your teeth from falling out.

But do you have medicine to keep your teeth from falling out.

If you have absorbed that much radiation (if that was the cause) your teeth falling out is the least of your worries.

IMHO that was one of the hokey parts. Not sure where Danny got his medical degree, and he just happened to have the medication that was needed that presumeably solved the problem. 🤔

I tried, didn't understand any of it. 🤷
I can't believe this thread is still going...
Not a single person has said that they liked the movie. :rolleyes:
I guess it just proves how much power 'hype' has.:(

Latest posts

Back