Left or right?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you left or right handed?

• Left

• Right

• Ambidextrous

Results are only viewable after voting.
Righty-tighty. :) but, have for years, been Actively working at becoming more and more 'Ambi'... because 'Preparation'... :cool:

Doin pretty good at most things, mostly it's just 're-wiring the brain' (ie: Rub head / pat tummy / left-right hop, simultaneous, etc) and Lots and Lots and Lots of doing it wrong, and betterment-practice.

jd

I voted ambidextrous but I do favor the right hand. I can write with both hands and do stuff with my left if it makes a particular task easier. The left handed stuff is never as neat as the right handed stuff.
I can write illegibly with either hand. :rolleyes:
When I was in elementary school, I would write with my right then correct with my left and write with it. They were confused so they decided make me right-handed since we live in a 'right-handed' world.
I should have been a lefty because I am very left-footed.
You should watch me bowl!:LOL:

AMBI!! I can write with BOTH hands, AT THE SAME TIME! Usually the same word, but I can write my first name with my RIGHT hand while writing my last name with my LEFT. Vise versa but slower!! Now figure out " rub your belly and pat your head"!! You can do it if you "rub" with your NON-DOMINANT hand first!

Right handed, but I could switch hit when I played baseball and softball. Couldn't hit for power left handed, but I could hit line drives all day. Beyond that, the left side of my body is only good for keeping me from falling over when I stand up...
I was a switch hitter in girls softball in the fourth grade!

Lefty here, but golf right handed, but bat left handed. At a young age, my dad said if you learn to golf right handed, I'll give you all my old clubs, so it was a matter of saving money. Now it doesn't matter because I no longer golf.
Speaking of golf, morgan101 does dishes with BOTH hands!!😉😃

Right handed, but left eye dominant.
Makes shooting a bit interesting...

Same for me, but I am left handed and right eyed. I wonder if our survey will match world statistics? "They" say 90% of people are right handed and 10% are left handed. No data for ambidexterous.

Occasionally, I will shoot right handed, but I have never noticed if I improve because of my eyesight.

Speaking of golf, morgan101 does dishes with BOTH hands!!😉😃

That is true, and I did them this afternoon. Used both hands.

I play golf left handed but I putt right handed.

That is true, and I did them this afternoon. Used both hands.

I play golf left handed but I putt right handed.
Huh, thats interesting. I golf right handed, but putt left handed depending on the lie. I don't like having the ball downhill from my feet. I have an old ambidextrous putter that I still use rather than the more expensive righthand one that came with my clubs...

Huh, thats interesting. I golf right handed, but putt left handed depending on the lie. I don't like having the ball downhill from my feet. I have an old ambidextrous putter that I still use rather than the more expensive righthand one that came with my clubs...

If you ever followed the PGA tour there was a guy about 40 years ago who played like that. His name was Blaine McCallister. Trivia: he went to the University of Houston, and his roommates were Fred Couples and Jim Nantz.

I write with my right hand, use a fork with my left, bat right-handed, play tennis left-handed, shoot handgun right-handed, long gun is left.

The term used to describe my dexterity is "screwed up mess".

I voted Ambi also but I was raised right handed, as were all my siblings. My dad is left eye dominant and so are all us kids. Mom is right eye. I write, catch, throw right handed and learned to bat right handed but I get a better swing and can hit better left handed. I hold a hockey stick left handed, and that was my clue that something was up. I "can" throw a ball left handed, it feels weird and takes a few to get accurate but it isn't bad, and I can us a mitt and catch a ball with my right hand with just a bit of uncomfortable mental tension. But, I learned to shoot a long gun left handed due to left eye dominance and dad being a good instructor and when I went to the academy I chose a left handed holster due to the left eye dominance and it felt perfectly comfortable as it was my first time shooting a handgun, aside from the cap guns as a kid. Finally, I can write decent with my left hand, legible, but it is significant;y slower because I learned to write with my right hand and that is what I use.
I think my siblings and I may all have been born left handed but we were taught to be right handed due to society norms. I think my father was probably the same way. Mom was right handed but always "bragged" about being good at kickball as a kid and she kicked with her left foot. Just a sign of the (old) times?

Was left handed but cut my thumb down the middle with a lawn mower when I was 6. Didn't lose the thumb but can't bend it which really has never been noticed as making the use of it any less. Switch to right hand during the healing process and never switched back but generally use both hands for tasks that are typically for the prominent hand only.

Advice, don't try to jump on the back of a moving lawn mover driven by a 9 year old brother that would just love to run over his kid brother. Of course I had issues from 9 months up to 6 years old.... Hit by a car when riding a tricycle at 9 months, jumped off a 2 story house at 3 years old, run down by a truck at 5 years old, the lawnmower at 6 years old.

Was left handed but cut my thumb down the middle with a lawn mower when I was 6. Didn't lose the thumb but can't bend it which really has never been noticed as making the use of it any less. Switch to right hand during the healing process and never switched back but generally use both hands for tasks that are typically for the prominent hand only.

Advice, don't try to jump on the back of a moving lawn mover driven by a 9 year old brother that would just love to run over his kid brother. Of course I had issues from 9 months up to 6 years old.... Hit by a car when riding a tricycle at 9 months, jumped off a 2 story house at 3 years old, run down by a truck at 5 years old, the lawnmower at 6 years old.
You need to look up the "stupid things I did as a kid" thread!!😉😃

Aren’t all left-handers ambidexterous to a degree since most things are made for righters?

We definitely learn to adapt. The world has gotten better in my lifetime. Some things that used to be designed for the right hand are now ambidexterous. Scissors are the first that come to mind. I remember members of my parents generation being forced to use the right hand. Many teachers would not allow students to write with their left hand. If you think cursive is hard to read, try writing it with the wrong hand.

Wasn't there some legend or myth way-back-when that left handed people were the Devil's spawn?

Aren’t all left-handers ambidexterous to a degree since most things are made for righters?
Yea, my drill, hammer and pliers are all right handed. ;)

I'm normally left handed. Things that require finesse are left hand, less finesse and more powerful is right handed. E.g. I throw a frisbee left handed, a ball right handed.

Latest posts

Back