Left or right?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you left or right handed?

• Left

• Right

• Ambidextrous

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yea, my drill, hammer and pliers are all right handed. ;)
Drills are right handed. Right thumb pushes the safety/trigger lock in as your right index finger pulls the trigger. When the drill bit binds and tries to twist your wrist off a release of the trigger turns the drill off.

The fat portion of a lefties left index finger depresses the safety/trigger lock as the finger pulls the trigger. When the drill tries to twist your wrist off a lefty can release the trigger but because of the direction of the twist is unable to release the safety/lock resulting in three choices. Drill motor burns up and stops, your wrist breaks clean off, or you manage to pull the power cord from the outlet.

Drills are right handed. Right thumb pushes the safety/trigger lock in as your right index finger pulls the trigger. When the drill bit binds and tries to twist your wrist off a release of the trigger turns the drill off.

The fat portion of a lefties left index finger depresses the safety/trigger lock as the finger pulls the trigger. When the drill tries to twist your wrist off a lefty can release the trigger but because of the direction of the twist is unable to release the safety/lock resulting in three choices. Drill motor burns up and stops, your wrist breaks clean off, or you manage to pull the power cord from the outlet.
Now please explain my right handed hammers and pliers. :)

Lefty, just not in politics... and I kick a football with my right, but I can do better sidekicks with my left. Fairly ambidextrous when it comes to working with tools, though I'm definitely a lefty with a hand plane, sanding block, or paintbrush. When doing boat repairs, I sometimes have to stop and "find a better angle." Reminds me of that old saw about 'shop welders' & 'ship welders'---a shop welder has his work laid out on a table or stuck in a vise in front of him, while the ship welder has to work at all kinds of crazy angles, including work on the overhead with sparks raining down... :rolleyes:

Fun experiment if you like feeling woozy:
If you're right-handed, do a math problem and try to write the answer left-handed with your right eye closed. makes your brain do backflips!

I'm 90% ambidextrous. the only thing I don't normally do left-handed is writing, but I actually can. I shoot pistol right-handed, but rifle left-handed, before I got into my little accident my eyes were cross-dominant, now I'm kind of one or the other. darn things change color with the moon phases too. I've been accused of having a fake ID because of it before.LOL

Latest posts

Back