Lets talk vacuum sealing

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I keep trying to eat Keto, and keep struggling, I have to hide anything like this and forget I have it.

I did the official purge last week. I tossed any and all foods that were not Keto friendly- even the kids' food.

I did the official purge last week. I tossed any and all foods that were not Keto friendly- even the kids' food.
I have some in my preps that I never see and actually forget that I have, unless or until I go to that closet where it is kept.

I decided before the holidays that I would eat anything that was served, in moderation. Now I am trying to get back on the bandwagon. This week I have finally been successful.

I've gone through a number of Food Savers, to the point that I don't use one much anymore. I think I need to save up for one of them 'spensive (and better quality) brands.

I have the jar attachments (regular and wide mouth). Along with using an extra lid in the sealing process, I have found that over time it can be helpful to have an oxygen absorber in there to create a bit of a vacuum.

K is having issues with my gamesaver. We have had it since Roo was a baby and it has done us well. The issue is the clamp is not tight enough for the seals to form a vacuum. If you place your hand on it while it is running it is just the right pressure to make it work. The seals are still good so no need to replace them just the clamp. I am going to start shopping for a new one unless someone here knows how to fix the clamp.

Last edited:
K is having issues with my gamesaver. We have had it since Roo was a baby and it has done us well. The issue is the clamp is not tight enough for the seals to form a vacuum. If you place your hand on it while it is running it is just the right pressure to make it work. The seals are still good so no need to replace them just the clamp. I am going to start shopping for a new one unless someone here knows how to fix the clamp.

Hubby could fix it for you he is real handy learned a lot from Red Green about being handy. Got any duck tape laying around?:D

I'm not sure what you mean, do you have a photo?

It is the gray 'handle' on the side
foodsaver-vacuum-sealer-by-Tim-Patterson.jpg

Back