Loving Things That Are Bad For You.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbies! I have too many and all of them cost too much. I'd be better off to pick 2 or 3 and give up the rest.
I know the feeling, but really I just quit/slow participating for a while. The equipment/skills/supplies remain it's already paid for. The fish don't care I toss a 20 year old fly out. An M1 Garand is as effective now as it was 20 years ago :) Mills, lathes, granite flats, micrometers all work after all these years :) The tools/toys I know remain, it is up to me if I use them or not :)

I know the feeling, but really I just quit/slow participating for a while. The equipment/skills/supplies remain it's already paid for. The fish don't care I toss a 20 year old fly out. An M1 Garand is as effective now as it was 20 years ago :) Mills, lathes, granite flats, micrometers all work after all these years :) The tools/toys I know remain, it is up to me if I use them or not :)

Excellent point Dade, and very true. I'll run with that! LOL

My daughter just ended a 3 yr relationship with a non committer. Turns out he was leading a double life and had someone else on the side. Turns out the lady he was seeing has a teen daughter and he helped the mom install hidden cameras in the shower. Turns out that they'll both be in jail soon.
I'm glad he never committed.

If he wants to talk he'll have to come to Missouri.
Won't talk to him on phone.
Nor will I text him.
Have blocked him on the phone.
Only reason I know he wants to talk, he had his sister call me.
Won't be taking any more calls from her either.
Haven't blocked her yet, but if need to I will.
Donated 10 yards of ivory satin to the ladies whom make Angels outfits; dresses and little suits for stillborn babies. They think they can get 1500 little outfits maybe more.
Glad I had it to donate for a good cause.

Last edited:
Sheesh...Food, guns, and nicotine, but caffeine is #1. Today I had a 20 oz. coffee in the morning, then a Bang energy drink around 10am, and I've had some diet soda too. Caffeine doesn't even affect me any more, unless I don't get it. You better keep away if I haven't had any...
the heart can only take so much. 300 mg.caffeine in one 16 oz. can of bang. 95 mg. caffeine in 8 oz. of regular coffee. If that's all you're having, you are probably okay. But for someone like me, I'd be like the squirrel on Hoodwinked if I used that much caffeine in a day.

the heart can only take so much. 300 mg.caffeine in one 16 oz. can of bang. 95 mg. caffeine in 8 oz. of regular coffee. If that's all you're having, you are probably okay. But for someone like me, I'd be like the squirrel on Hoodwinked if I used that much caffeine in a day.
I drink so much caffeine that when I die it will take two weeks before my heart stops beating!;)

I am totally caffeine free. It did nothing to keep me awake or focused but sent me to the boy's room more often. The reason I stopped using caffeine was my blood pressure but I never noticed any change from it. My blood pressure has more to do with my level of pain - causing tension - than anything else. I don't have any obstructions in my vascular system and no arterial blockages so there is no medical reason. I also may have some nerve damage to the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerves that control heart rate and pressure. I don't miss the caffeine so it's not a big deal to me.

Supposely he will be here the second week of March.
We'll see. His sister called this evening.
Said he has been trying to reach me for several days, but my phone isn't taking calls.
My phone is taking calls just fine.
My phone isn't taking his calls because his number is blocked as spam.
If he shows up fine.
If he doesn't that's fine too.
Got an offer on my horses, tack etc.
It's much more than I posted.
Me thinks somebody has guilty consceince.
Double the price I posted at the feed store.
As for the quilt on my great grandmother's quilting frame, it can go in the trash.
It's a double wedding ring made out of our uniforms.
Or maybe Strawberry will have new bed out of it.
He and his brother in law are bringing my Granny's quilting frame home.
All my quilting stuff. Or rather the brother in law is bringing it back to me.
He's just coming along for the ride.
We will meet at Chamber of Commerce office to pick up quilt frame and quilting supplies.
Both of my sons will be with me.
And my future daughter in law(local Law enforcement officer).

Egads I am amongst the great unwashed. ... no coffee ... heretical! Tea .... Blasphemous! Sweet tea ... the horror of it all!

Actually I do enjoy tea and sweet tea. Even plenty of plain water. My beverage of choice is coffee, although Iam not a coffee connoisseur like some I know. I prefer it wth cream and a touch of sugar but will drink it however it comes.

It isn’t the caffeine, I often drink decaf, although for years I functioned strictly on coffee. I have a mug first thing in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon. I just enjoy the stuff, sort of a comforting ritual.

All things in moderation

Latest posts

Back